Post Thanks / Like

3D One vs Scholls S2Black vs Scholls S20 Black

I have alot of others compound/polishes Megs, Griots, Sonax, 3D ect

I’m specifically looking at the 3D one Scholls s20black or Scholl S2 Black
    my intended use is a heavy one step. I want Cut most importantly, open time second most important and third gloss. I have some large fleet vehicles to do. It’s on normal paint base + clear. With a coating going on afterward.

Im leaning S2 Black

My dream product & niche that hopefully one day can exist is a heavy cutting primer polish that you can go straight to coating without prep wiping. Something above carpro essence cut.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D One vs Scholls S2Black vs Scholls S20 Black

What is the "number" of vehicles in this fleet?
    What are you coating the vehicles in this fleet with; IE, coating manufacturer and type/name?

I ask because, without knowing the specifics of what this fleet entails vehicles-wise and why you are using a coating on them, I was wondering if an All-In-One like Blackfire`s One-Step followed by their SiO2 Spray Sealant might be a more efficient use of time spent to achieve your goal.

As far as using Scholl Concepts for correcting, it sounds like you have pretty much decided that S2 Black is the way to go because it is called Heavy One-Step. I am not sure that you can get by without using some type of panel wipe before applying your coating of choice, but I would ask Sky`s the Limit (car-pro.com) customer service if that is the case and tell them what coating you are planning to use on these fleet vehicles.
    GB detailer
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Lonnie work vans dump trucks & equipment that travel on non paved roads 50% of time. Ceramic will be adams advanced spray graphene or Cquartz lite.

In the winter months I undercoat vehicles with and corrosion prevent hard wax film. I have acquired from undercoating now they want to protect the paint

i Also have some fire trucks to do and I don’t want to get stuck polishing for days and days
    Likes Lonnie, Fishing liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

William_Wallace:
    What buffing machine(s) and pads are you planning on using to do these various types of fleet vehicles??

Can you buy the Adam`s Ceramic Spray in bulk quantity at a discount?? Sounds like you are going to be using alot of it.
    What are you going to be using for microfibers for application and wipeoff ? And like they spray, a lot of them, too!
    Just kidding, (kinda) but I am wondering (as usual, nosy Captain Obvious!)......

Also very interested in how the Scholl Concepts S2 Black Heavy One-Step works out for you.
    The whole Scholl Concepts compounds and polishes line-up really intrigues me and just wonder how it compares to other compounds and polishes from Menzerna, Jescar, and Koch Chemie
    GB detailer
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use almost all pads from a Swedish company called Optipad they have nice thin foam cutting pads maroon or dark blue they are very inexpensive $3-4 a pad and have whole line. The only other pad I use outside of these are rupes yellow wool this pad which surprisingly leave good gloss. This blows my mind because I never would have thought it does Sandro the Australia YouTube channel made some videos with it. Without seeing him use it I would have never bought it . Vehicles are all different colors some are white which is good news

21 mm shurhold polisher it’s a boating company polisher with excessive down forced.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am REALLY a fan of the Rupes yellow medium wool and blue coarse wool pads. They correct very well and finish down surprisingly well. I also like fiber pads as I can clean them well with compressed air and reduce the number of pads needed.

Post Thanks / Like

You will struggle to get away with one steps using s2 on anything but hard paint or lighter coloured medium paint. It has a lot of cut. Finishes remarkably but not to the standard of S20.

S20 is more pad dependent and a true one step. Without question its what I`d go for. Its an exceptional product. Scholls spider pads are also in a league of their own if you`re feeling flush.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    You will struggle to get away with one steps using s2 on anything but hard paint or lighter coloured medium paint. It has a lot of cut. Finishes remarkably but not to the standard of S20.

S20 is more pad dependent and a true one step. Without question its what I`d go for. Its an exceptional product. Scholls spider pads are also in a league of their own if you`re feeling flush.

Oh no order is in. Ill have to get the s20 next time and maybe do a 50/50 and check them out usually abrasives don’t get me pumped up but these seem a little bit more interesting than others.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Oh no order is in. Ill have to get the s20 next time and maybe do a 50/50 and check them out usually abrasives don’t get me pumped up but these seem a little bit more interesting than others.
    Abrasives are good. Pads in a league of their own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Abrasives are good. Pads in a league of their own.

What`s the user experience like with S20 Adam?

What would be your pad choice for a 1-step? I have a toyota but i don`t find it hard to finish out in one step. Even using a very course foam pad - griots white BOSS pad - and perfect finish a few years ago. Last summer i used the least aggressive blue SDO pad with 3D one and Nv precision and that looked great to me in one step as well. Eventhough, i did quickly used 3D`s 520 finishing polish. Which was one of the worst wipeoff`s i`ve had to date.

I should just stop sitting on the fence and buy S20 and a few spider pads lol

Oh, what can you tell me about the ninja pads? Are the same with just the cuts in them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    What`s the user experience like with S20 Adam?

What would be your pad choice for a 1-step? I have a toyota but i don`t find it hard to finish out in one step. Even using a very course foam pad - griots white BOSS pad - and perfect finish a few years ago. Last summer i used the least aggressive blue SDO pad with 3D one and Nv precision and that looked great to me in one step as well. Eventhough, i did quickly used 3D`s 520 finishing polish. Which was one of the worst wipeoff`s i`ve had to date.

I should just stop sitting on the fence and buy S20 and a few spider pads lol

Oh, what can you tell me about the ninja pads? Are the same with just the cuts in them?
    S20 is a superb product, though water based it`s quite oily and it offers excellent working time - it has a really quick heavy cutting cycle but keep working it and it`ll give you a result comparable to many finishing polishes. If you see any dust that`ll be due to over working or pad cleanliness. It`s wipe off is nice but not comparable to S40 or the other worldly wipe offs of primer polishes like Primer and Essence. I am a sucker for an efficient process and nice experience so I use a rinseless wash to remove polish residue so the wipe off (along with many other benefits) is as effortless as Essence etc.

In terms of which of your pads would work best for a one step that depends on the severity of defects you`re looking to remove and hardness of the paint. It`s highly pad dependent.. The Blue Spider for hard paint, Purple for medium paint, or Neo Honey for soft paint.

I can`t see why it wouldn`t work on other brand pads, I swapped to Scholl a year and a half ago and along with my vehicle blower are my best investment in detailing to date. They are absolutely superb and a mile better than anything I`ve used before or since (gotta make sure the best remains the best!!)

There is a recent article linked to on Detailing World from Steampunk which explains the simple but effective tech behind these pads and how despite their ability to cut they avoid putting microhazing into the paint. I believe Ninjas are quite similar, the idea is that they`ve additional cuts to allow you to more clearly see where the pad edge is relative to the edge of the panel. I`ll probably try them out at some stage.

The right Scholl product and pad combo allows me to push one steps to a 85%+ level on all but the most trashed paint whilst still finishing out well. Albeit you`ll be able to extract that bit more cut and potential gloss from a 2 stage cut and finish.

Likes noorth, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’d be thrilled with 85% good to know. I choose Scholls over koch

Thread Information