Post Thanks / Like

Who uses Mckee`s N914 for polish removal?

On the UK forum there was a great tip about using a microfiber towel soaked in a rinseless wash solution to make removing oily polishes easier and to prevent marring on soft paint IE its not a dry towel. Followed up with a dry towel.

To make it even more simple i was just going to mix up N914 1:8 in a spray bottle - spray down one towel heavily and see how it goes.

Comments?

I will probably try both methods just because i can..

This N914 stuff is fast becoming a staple in my detailing situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who uses Mckee`s N914 for polish removal?

I have used N914 as a wipe down in its paint prep dilution. It appears to to work well. it was fairly slick and cleaned up the oils that I could see.

If I was just using a sealant or a wax I probably would have called it good and moved onto protection.

It since I was doing a coating I followed it up with the corresponding coating prep spray. While I believe the surface was clean I wanted to follow the proper procedures. The N914 was a nice and more cost effective middle step though.

I have used a lot of ONR for stuff like this in the past when using Optimum coatings. But you are correct N914 is quite possibly replacing it and becoming a bulk purchase item for me.

Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have used N914 as a wipe down in its paint prep dilution. It appears to to work well. it was fairly slick and cleaned up the oils that I could see.

If I was just using a sealant or a wax I probably would have called it good and moved onto protection.

It since I was doing a coating I followed it up with the corresponding coating prep spray. While I believe the surface was clean I wanted to follow the proper procedures. The N914 was a nice and more cost effective middle step though.

I have used a lot of ONR for stuff like this in the past when using Optimum coatings. But you are correct N914 is quite possibly replacing it and becoming a bulk purchase item for me.

I even used it today to clean up my pads, diluted 8:1. It worked.

I usually spray APC onto the pad followed with a hot water jet by pinching the end of a cutoff hose and hand wash with warm water afterwards. But i used N914 instead, seems to have work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Mckees is good have used it Feynlab rinseless really cleaned the polish residue. Both work the reason I like Feynlab is because of this odd property it does not get beaded up when used like other rinseless washes. I use in pump sprayer and it wets the whole panel and soaks well. I kinda use it as a prep product to. My normal prep for coatings was Megs glass cleaner but I do a fenylab rinse less soak down after polishing and once done go over real quick with Megs glass cleaner.

mckees is also awesome those 2 I also though cleaned the paint where other rinseless were more like a detail spray
    Likes noorth, atbalfour liked this post

Thread Information