Post Thanks / Like

Favorite towel for polish residue removal?

With doing polishing again lately, needed some new towels for polish residue removal. Also, since I got into coatings, there’s the ipa/eraser/etc step that needs towels. What mf characteristics are needed for that?

Got the Griot’s wax removal towels that Mike Phillips recommended in an article but really don’t like them for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite towel for polish residue removal?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    With doing polishing again lately, needed some new towels for polish residue removal. Also, since I got into coatings, there’s the ipa/eraser/etc step that needs towels. What mf characteristics are needed for that?

Got the Griot’s wax removal towels that Mike Phillips recommended in an article but really don’t like them for that.
    I like a low pile towel. The 365 miners from TRC are nice and i really like the forrest green ones from AG that mike uses for rinsless. Does great for polish removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have those Griot`s towels and am very satisfied with them. What is it about them that you are dissatisfied with? As just mentioned, low ple towels are preferred.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I have those Griot`s towels and am very satisfied with them. What is it about them that you are dissatisfied with? As just mentioned, low ple towels are preferred.
    The size mostly. If I fold them they are tiny in my hand; if I don’t there isn’t much cushion/structure. It also doesn’t seem to pick up the residue as well as I’d expect.

Post Thanks / Like

The size mostly. If I fold them they are tiny in my hand; if I don’t there isn’t much cushion/structure. It also doesn’t seem to pick up the residue as well as I’d expect.
    You are not the first to be "disappointed" with the 9 x 9 inch size. Some of the "less-than-5-star" reviews on Griots Garage website state this very fact.
    That said, their instructional video shows them being used flat with an open hand and NOT folded over. You can turn them over to use the other side, again flat and unfolded.

I am not sure if this unfolded and smaller-than-expected-size appeals to most detailing enthusiasts using microfiber cloths/towels, considering the cushioning-effect you mentioned with folded cloths and I understand the nature of your request in starting this thread.

Consider these two:
    The Rag Company`s Eagle Edgeless 350 lavender:https://www.autopia-carcare.com/rc-e...l#.YKu2mLdKj3g
    CarPro`s 2-Faced No-Lint Microfiber (which the Autopia Store does not sell, but may be able to get from their affiliate PBMG)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried a number of towels now. The carpro ones mentioned by lonnie are my favorites. But i never tried any rag company towels.

Thread Information