Post Thanks / Like

Swirl Finder light & extractor inquiry

Good Afternoon everyone!

Anyone have any suggestions for a good swirl finder light? (under $100?) and tips on the environment to use it - hot day, bright sunny day, cloudy day, etc.

Also, I was at my local vacuum store, looking at the Bissell 3624 extractor and the dude said to get the Bissell Little Green Pro Commercial edition BGSS1481. It`s $40 more. Anyone have any experience with the commercial edition? It`s not the small green machine thing & it would just be for my own personal use.

Thanks

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl Finder light & extractor inquiry

Harbor Freight has an inexpensive led swirl light

Post Thanks / Like

The light I trust the most is

The Fenix pd35. Had a lot of trouble seeing swirls with other flashlights.
    Something like this setup.
    .................................................. ...

When I finally get up and running again, will be picking up this

This Fenix light shows everything, and I mean everything !

Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I shop Harbor Freight I`m going to carefully review their lights. Any specific one I should be looking for?
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

They have one marked specifically as a swirl finder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    The light I trust the most is

The Fenix pd35. Had a lot of trouble seeing swirls with other flashlights.
    Something like this setup.
    .................................................. ...

When I finally get up and running again, will be picking up this

This Fenix light shows everything, and I mean everything !

Thanks! Any thoughts on the extractor inquiry?

Post Thanks / Like

Those little bissel units work alright for most stuff. They obviously won’t be as effective as a commercial level extractor but they do work. They take longer and you have to refill them often. The smaller size means they can get into tighter spaces but that also means doing a large trunk mat can take awhile.

I had one of the bissel units (it may have been the more expensive one) when first starting out. Can’t remember cause it’s been 5 years or so. It lasted about a year before the hose split on me. I got my money’s worth out of it but the demands of my business made it impractical to even consider buying another. For your personal use it’s going to be a good machine for you.

what exactly is the extra $40 getting you? I’d read the box carefully and see what the difference is. Usually with low end stuff they throw the “commercial” term around very loosely when the only difference may be a 12” longer hose or cord.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Mary B, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Those little bissel units work alright for most stuff. They obviously won’t be as effective as a commercial level extractor but they do work. They take longer and you have to refill them often. The smaller size means they can get into tighter spaces but that also means doing a large trunk mat can take awhile.

I had one of the bissel units (it may have been the more expensive one) when first starting out. Can’t remember cause it’s been 5 years or so. It lasted about a year before the hose split on me. I got my money’s worth out of it but the demands of my business made it impractical to even consider buying another. For your personal use it’s going to be a good machine for you.

what exactly is the extra $40 getting you? I’d read the box carefully and see what the difference is. Usually with low end stuff they throw the “commercial” term around very loosely when the only difference may be a 12” longer hose or cord.
    Thanks, yea this is just gonna be my personal use. No idea what the extra $40 gives, Amazon compares the two and looks bout the same. Local vacuum guy said the commercial one is better and it`s what he uses lol.
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chas09 View Post
    Thanks! Any thoughts on the extractor inquiry?
    Sorry but no can help on the extractor. I got a standing unit, with attachments. I needed to do floor rugs as well as upholstery.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chas09- Regarding the "what environment for spotting swirls?", you want a *DARK* environment. That, and point-source illumination (like you`re after with the LEDs), are the ticket.

On the Extractor, it seems YMMV! really applies; we`re still using a consumer-lever ("Big Green Clean Machine", it`s not one of the little ones) Bissell from the early `90s, and it still works perfectly. I actually use that infinitely more than I use my pricey Century (which is pro-level by any standards).

If the guy at the Vacuum Store is pushing a certain model of Bissell, I`d ask him what exactly about it makes it so swell...like, the specs, how they differ from a consumer-level model. Get him to work at it Make him convince you it`s worth the extra $! Ask him about whether they`ll service it should it develop problems.

Note that whatever you get, I predict that you`ll want to use attachments with the smallest possible opening; those get up *FAR* more liquid than ones with larger openings. It`s such a dramatic diff that I *NEVER* use 90% of the attachments that came with my various extractors; I *ALWAYS* end up using a Crevice Tool or an Upholstery Nozzle, no matter how big an area I`d doing. They work *that* much bettter...

And note that you`ll probably only want to run clear water or a Rinse Agent through the extractor unless it has a separate "Rinse Tank". Getting all the Shampoo out of the carpet/upholstery can be as big a challenge as any stains! I don`t think I`ve run any shampoo through any extractor without a Rinse Tank since...well, forever. My Century has a great sprayer (gazillion psi ) and can really get the shampoo down in there to get things really clean, but I only fill it with water unless I have a *very* good reason to put some shampoo in the thing (which I`ll then have to clean out of it).

EDIT: I`m assuming you`re getting this for Detailing use, and not for homeowner stuff. For doing whole rooms in the house I use something different from what I use on the vehicles.

Thread Information