Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Makita XOP02Z whaaaaat!

This looks to be the US release of the DPO600z. Which is an 18v cordless polisher that can switch between forced rotation and free spinning modes. The 600z is cordless version of their corded dual mode model. As an Eco detailer who wants to not have anything corded or a generator. This looks FANTASTIC! I`m not actually seeing it for sale anywhere yet, not on Google any ways. But, I did find the kit on one site. The few YT videos I saw about the DPO600z they love it and said it`s smoother than the 3401. I NEED to get my hands on this. The kit will be perfect as I don`t own any Makita tools so I don`t have any batteries. Only down side, maybe. Only 5mm stroke, but when I get one I`d use it 95% in forced rotation any ways. And for the times I use it to apply wax or something that doesn`t involve paint correction the 5mm stroke in free spinning mode should be fine. It comes with 5 & 6" backing plates, which is nice. I really want the Cordless 3401, but this looks like it could be near perfect.

THIS + 4 batteries + 4 slot battery charger *drooooooool*

Google Makita XOP02Tif you want to see the kit.

I can`t remember the last time I wanted something so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita XOP02Z whaaaaat!

Acetool . Com

Hope this helps

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

WRR: i found it on their site as well as their corded version. Intriguing to see them available (possibly) since I am a machine nerd...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Interesting.

WRR: i found it on their site as well as their corded version. Intriguing to see them available (possibly) since I am a machine nerd...
    I don`t want to post a link so a pic will have to do.

Nerd out Sizzle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of great choices out there today !!! Wow !!

Well, I am not that Eco, so I will have to just make do with my Direct Drive Makita 9237C that can run years without batteries; give me stellar performance, etc., and if the power goes out, my big 66.6 Amp generator will keep my entire house/garage/ breaker panel going as well.. And, it is so smooth and vibration free..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Makita`s sure doing a bang up job here. Not a single YT video for either of these models. I know it`s new, and looks like only the one site has them for sale. But you start advertising products before they come out. I even posted in Makita`s AU YT channel on a 6000z video "is there any plans for a US release soon?" Weeks ago, not a peep back. I`ve been scouring Google weekly to check for any new info. And I just happened to stumble upon it yesterday. I don`t see how I cannot not buy this. Well, besides me being broke now and I can`t buy it. When I have $$$ I`m ordering this. This + some LC pads will probably only set me back $750`ish.

Gotta love how expensive this hobby is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Makita`s sure doing a bang up job here. Not a single YT video for either of these models. I know it`s new, and looks like only the one site has them for sale. But you start advertising products before they come out. I even posted in Makita`s AU YT channel on a 6000z video "is there any plans for a US release soon?" Weeks ago, not a peep back. I`ve been scouring Google weekly to check for any new info. And I just happened to stumble upon it yesterday. I don`t see how I cannot not buy this. Well, besides me being broke now and I can`t buy it. When I have $$$ I`m ordering this. This + some LC pads will probably only set me back $750`ish.

Gotta love how expensive this hobby is.
    It`s the same as the PO5000C , but cordless, brushless motor , removable dust vent, and electronic speed controller (hopefully this fixes the crappy free spin mode)

If you have another battery system you can get a battery adapter from eBay.
    I plan. To run the Milwaukee adapter and use a 9 or 12ah battery..maybe a Ryobi adapter ..

Has a power saving battery mode also.

The 5.5 mm throw combined with the 6800 OPM and 780RPM means it`ll outdo everything 3401/XCE and mille can do as I`ve did those tests prior with the corded models

Post Thanks / Like

Also the pO600Z is simply just the 220v model for outside USA

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. I think it`s better for the tool to be ready for production before its advertised. Flex and Rupe`s announce the tool 1-2 years before you can actually buy one. I hate that behavior from both of them
    Likes custmsprty liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I disagree. I think it`s better for the tool to be ready for production before its advertised. Flex and Rupe`s announce the tool 1-2 years before you can actually buy one. I hate that behavior from both of them
    I kind of agree with this thinking, but with research and development and then subsequent field/beta testing going on, changes and "improvements" are inevitable, so pre-production product information and advertising seems to supersede these steps. It is just a matter of timing when exactly that happens and how "secret" a manufacturer wants a detailing product or car-care chemical to be. Witness what is happening to LC (Lake Country) Power Tool`s User-Determined Orbital Stroke buffer that WAS suppose to be released this Spring 2019. Now,with the addition of a rotary function per users request, this buffer will not be available until late August or mid-September at best due to the additional engineering and development this will require. Please see the thread:
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...tml?highlight=

I do think that cordless buffers have a place for professional detailers, especially those who are mobile. With the advent of more powerful voltages and battery packs, they finally have the muscle to be useful and rival (or replace) their corded electrical counterparts. Come to think of it, isn`t Rupes I-brid Mini able to run with a battery OR with a cord?? I wonder how many of my fellow Autopians who have this tool use the cord to power this tool when using it in detailing.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Rupe`s is ridiculous though.

I think it`s the brushless motors that are making these tools possible more than the battery technology. I see new tool lines at 12v &18v. The batteries voltages are trending downward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    It`s the same as the PO5000C , but cordless, brushless motor , removable dust vent, and electronic speed controller (hopefully this fixes the crappy free spin mode)

If you have another battery system you can get a battery adapter from eBay.
    I plan. To run the Milwaukee adapter and use a 9 or 12ah battery..maybe a Ryobi adapter ..

Has a power saving battery mode also.

The 5.5 mm throw combined with the 6800 OPM and 780RPM means it`ll outdo everything 3401/XCE and mille can do as I`ve did those tests prior with the corded models
    Have you used the battery adapters before? I didn`t even know they existed before you posted this. I`m guessing ah to ah probably doesn`t translate exact between battery types. But a 12ah Milwaukee should vastly out perform a 6ah Makita (their biggest)
    I loved this polisher since I saw the AU version months ago. Tt doesn`t hurt that Makita has one of the best 18v vacuums out there too. And I just Googled and saw they have a 18v 4 gallon sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have on power tools, just not on this actual.machine yet

Theirs cheap ones and theirs quality ones.
    I usually get the ones from Australia

Post Thanks / Like

On another note, Makita informed me that the original PO5000c/po6000C does infact have an electronic controller...so that means. Free spin is still worthless for polish/compounding...and only good for wetsanding and LSP application.

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the battery power save mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information