Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where went the love for Menzerna polishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Now it sounds like you`re gunning for...

I`m sure Jescar says they are different...and I`m sure there are others who will say they aren`t.
    Jescar makes their own here in the US while Menzerma is still made in Germany and I can testify to the differences between the two.
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    There are so many choices it was foolish for them to make my decision difficult by changing the numbers every 6 months.

Not a bad product(s), just terrible marketing imo
    My thought s also.....Must be a American thing......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Jescar makes their own here in the US while Menzerma is still made in Germany and I can testify to the differences between the two.
    Made in the US? I don`t remember Jescar/Menzerna USA ever claiming that they made any polishes here, only that Menzerna Germany made them to their specification. Now FMJ/Powerlock, which was/is a product that didn`t exist in the Menzerna line, was "made" by Jescar/Menz USA, I don`t think they ever said where.

The US distribution of Menz has been very complicated over the time I`ve been a member here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Don`t know how it is now days with the Jescar / Menzerna USA and Menzerna . What I know of so did Jescar/Menzerna USA some of the abrasives in some of the products even used in EU. And Powerlock I think is a developed product by Jescar. Don`t know if Jescar has bought in and used any abrasives from Menzerna in their own line up of polishes. And the rumors is that also the PBMG polishes uses the Menzerna developed abrasives in their polishes. If that`s true my thinking goes why should a company well knowned to manufactures and mills their own abrasives and also sells to other brands. Make the abrasives better than the abrasives they uses in their products. Have not used any the PBMG polishes. But would be interesting to hear those that have used any of these and if it`s like any of the Menzerna polishes. Then it`s a possibility that PBMG polishes uses some other companies made abrasives in some products too.
    I think Jescar has always been pretty transparent about Menz making their polishes for them (although I don`t see any mention of it on their website right now). They were also pretty transparent that the sealants (as well as a couple of other products) have nothing to do with Menz Germany.

PBMG has also been pretty forthcoming with the fact that some of their polishes are made for them by Menzerna--for certain lines it`s a selling point, for instance it goes along with the German theme in the Wolfgang product line.
    Likes SWETM, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are you just noticing now that this is a RETAIL space. And just like any other CONSUMER situation things come and go as new and perceived better things come out. Consumers have the attention span of a goldfish and AG/Autopia are not immune to it.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, I noticed Jeff from Jescar posted in this other thread: Jescar Glaze, your thoughts? , but I guess he skipped over this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna is my default.

Very reliable in terms of performance. In terms of finishing, I find Menzerna to be of particular importance in my process. For instance, there are times where one of my very favorite products - 3D One, just isn`t able to finish out on soft black; PF2500, and SF4000 have no problem bringing home the gloss.

In terms of cutting FG400 usually has enough muscle to get most jobs done.

I do use Rupes abrasives.

I have 3D One and have been impressed to the point where I will be picking up the ACA liquids.

That being said, I can`t see me a situation where Menzerna isn`t in my arsenal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information