Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Coat as a Drying Aid..........

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is going to get to the point of you trying it out haha.
    Besides on trying it on one panel, I don`t have the energy. Takes me 4+ hours to wsh car right now.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll try to post some pics when I have the time. Test subject is an old truck with one spot polished with 04-06 and topped with PA HG approx 6 weeks ago. Exhibits hydrophobic properties still ( outside but not much sun ). Rest of hood is bare without protection. Washed with Gold Class. Sprayed 2 spritz`s on the microfiber that came with CanCoat. The unprotected area shed no water prior to. Area that had the PA wiped easily and without streaks. I went up to the un-protected area and wiped. Water dried easily and did not smear or streak. That was all I did ( had to go ride-yep had to! ) Tonight I will rinse with water to see if anything at all was left behind.
    Now I don`t think this will be my process in any way shape or form in the future-but looks like it can be done. At least in small sections. Don`t know how long a microfiber would hold up before becoming useless though
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Ronkh, SWETM, Loach liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    I`ll try to post some pics when I have the time. Test subject is an old truck with one spot polished with 04-06 and topped with PA HG approx 6 weeks ago. Exhibits hydrophobic properties still ( outside but not much sun ). Rest of hood is bare without protection. Washed with Gold Class. Sprayed 2 spritz`s on the microfiber that came with CanCoat. The unprotected area shed no water prior to. Area that had the PA wiped easily and without streaks. I went up to the un-protected area and wiped. Water dried easily and did not smear or streak. That was all I did ( had to go ride-yep had to! ) Tonight I will rinse with water to see if anything at all was left behind.
    Now I don`t think this will be my process in any way shape or form in the future-but looks like it can be done. At least in small sections. Don`t know how long a microfiber would hold up before becoming useless though
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

No problemo (practicing for my new home)
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with gyeon recently to confirm it scientifically wouldn`t work.
    I`d be interested to see the water behavior of your test section post application.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Well rushed home to give it a go. I will not attest to any protection levels at all. I will say that water is shedding off the previous un-protected area. I still will not add this to my routine, however Doctor Shine-aka Ron can .There ya you go my friend-you have an answer
    Likes 512detail, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    Well rushed home to give it a go. I will not attest to any protection levels at all. I will say that water is shedding off the previous un-protected area. I still will not add this to my routine, however Doctor Shine-aka Ron can .There ya you go my friend-you have an answer
    Thank you SIR !

Post Thanks / Like

Any time Ron!!! The pre treated area was a 12 x 12 up the hood. The rest was wiped dry with the treated micro. This was just after I rinsed with water. That fogginess is from the heat and humidity. It`s pretty clear black. You can see the lack of protection on the rest of the hood. I`ll rinse once a week to see how long that lasts

Can Coat as a Drying Aid..........-20180806_182550-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 512detail, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dry

Can Coat as a Drying Aid..........-2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (534.8 KB, 110 views)
    Likes 512detail, rlmccarty2000, Strong66 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice...…….

Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons I don`t by into the "black-OMG the reflection" That paint is seriously neglected. It was mostly a daily driver for 12 years. I parked it about 2 or 3 years ago-at this point can`t remember. Since then I washed it maybe a couple times. I polished maybe a 12 x 12 area to throw some PA High Gloss on to see how long it would hold up as a stand alone. And yet it still has decent looking reflections. Yet my one car doesn`t do that and it looks fantastic. Oh well
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Video is up Ron! Had some fun with this test, I was going to do a short clip but next thing I know I got nearly 8 minutes on it. Definitely more testing to do but so far, unexpectedly great results in the short term. Will have to try directly spraying the towel and wiping when wet rather than spraying directly on the surface. Check out the beading!

WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, Strong66, Ronkh, 512detail, glfnaz and 7 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Diner, nickclark08, GearHead_1, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Video is up Ron! Had some fun with this test, I was going to do a short clip but next thing I know I got nearly 8 minutes on it. Definitely more testing to do but so far, unexpectedly great results in the short term. Will have to try directly spraying the towel and wiping when wet rather than spraying directly on the surface. Check out the beading!

THANK YOU!!!!!

And thanks for the shout out. I am guessing that it worked better than Yamabob`s test because you applied it directly instead of to the applicator....

The only coating on Jen`s car is can coat, so I was sorta hoping once in a while to use it as a drying aid to top it off a little. I know that Mile P, uses a spray coating as a drying aid on his wifes car.

Again THANK YOU
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you LOACH. Very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Well that is just cool! I didn’t expect it to work that well. I’m guessing Can Coat must be water based.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information