Post Thanks / Like

Can I polish out a watch?

What would you guys use to polish out a watch made completely of carbon fiber?

Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post
    Thanks LEDetailng thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I polish out a watch?

Beautiful Oris watch.

I would not polish the carbon fiber. The fiber looks to be lightly coated in a matte finish if it is even coated at all. I’d bring the watch to a Oris dealer or call their customer service and ask about polishing. I’ve got a well used G-shock and $500. Want to trade

Post Thanks / Like

I think I’d probably leave that to an authorized watch smith. I hate doing it because I hate paying for it but I have my better watches tuned/serviced by technicians that are authorized for the specific brand of the watch. The guy that works on Rolex will not work on Brietiling or Citizen, I find that odd. I do business with a jeweler that I have known for years and he however will do cosmetic little things like polishing cases and I’ve had him put a rose crystal in a Rolex once it was an expensive crystal but it was difficult to read the date through the bubble and I had it replaced with Rolex’s own glass. He refers anything like crown threads or bracelet repairs to guys that are certified by the manufactuer. I think that the real issue here is that the manufacturers won’t sell repair part to just anyone. I take the watches to him and he gets them to the guys that do the work. The watches come back with all the right stickers and stuff when finished.

In your specific instance I’ll bet they’ll re-coat the carbon fiber case on that watch and I think it’s a little more involved than simply polishing the case. Anyway... I’m just spit balling here.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice watch. I have a stainless TAG that I clean with Q-Tips and ISO alcohol. Haven`t needed to polish. Maybe it is the picture, but it doesn`t look scratched up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Beautiful Oris watch.

I would not polish the carbon fiber. The fiber looks to be lightly coated in a matte finish if it is even coated at all. I’d bring the watch to a Oris dealer or call their customer service and ask about polishing. I’ve got a well used G-shock and $500. Want to trade
    Good eye, it is an Oris (Valtteri Bottas #285/770)

That`s probably what I`ll do, right now it`s in mint condition but down the road I`m definitely going to have it redone. As far as a trade, got a positest 200b advanced to throw in lol.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Good eye, it is an Oris (Valtteri Bottas #285/770)

That`s probably what I`ll do, right now it`s in mint condition but down the road I`m definitely going to have it redone. As far as a trade, got a positest 200b advanced to throw in lol.
    Nice. I`m a fan of Oris. I think they`re under-appreciated. I had a Pro Pilot. It`s gone now.

I had to make room for the perpetual incoming piece. You know how it is

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not there yet, but I do plan a pro-pilot as well...

First comes a Positector 200B advanced though, a bit better of an investment.

Thread Information