Post Thanks / Like

Questions on Meguiar`s D300 and D302 Usage

I plan to use Meguiar`s D300 followed up with D302, topped off with Sonax Polymer Net Shield on my new to me Certified Pre Owned 2015 Jaguar F-Type 340hp Convertible:

The instructions say the D300 and D302 can either be applied by hand or by a DA Random Orbital Polisher at 4800 OPM and 3800 OPM, respectively. I do not have a DA Random Orbital Polisher and it is not currently in the budget to get one. Plus, I`ve never used one and do not want to learn on my Jag. I do have a 10" Random Orbital Buffer rated at 3200 OPM. I know it has less OPM but can I get decent results using this machine with microfiber bonnets? Any risk of damaging the paint? There are very faint swirl marks present that I would like to try to remove prior to applying the Sonax.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Questions on Meguiar`s D300 and D302 Usage

You really won’t get good results unless you use a buffer. Get a Porter Cable or a GG 6 and the Megs microfiber kit. There are good deals on returned items on this site or give Liz at Autopia a call and see what she can do for you on a good buffer. You’ve got a really nice car and for a few bucks you can make it shine like a diamond.

You may only need the d302 depending on the car’s condition. The d300 is good for removing bad defects and maybe overkill on your car. If you are really going to try to do it by hand, start on the trunk or a small test spot to see what d302 can do. I’m not a fan of putting a sealant on top of a wax so I would suggest buying a good wax to top d302 with. Enjoy the sweet ride!

Thread Information