Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Light Scratches From A Denim Finish?

The only complication is, when we bought the new bikes we negotiated a cash `out the door` price with our trades, if the money back thing were to happen how would that work with our old bikes?

One or both may have sold...

It was my dads bike that was damaged, other than the new tank replacement which as I said I don`t trust them to do, he was considering that they do the 1000 service complimentary, just not sure what else to consider...
    SOB, we found a third scratch on the bike today.

Third Scratch..jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I personally believe the right guy could paint this to your satisfaction, chances are he resides at your dealership. Yes, these guys actually exist. I also believe you could have a new tank shipped to you, you could always earmark yours on the bottom of the tank to know if it was replaced. It’s sad you don’t have the confidence needed to have a repeat customer relationship with these guys. I believe they need to understand this. Harley’s aren’t cheap, they need your business. The colors at the factory don’t stay exactly the same from day to day and you might also see a difference going this route. I think that gives you an edge with a local known quality painter. You might want to hit Ronkh up about his frustrations with his paint on his new Corvette a couple years back. I know he was worried about things being right when completed but let them do it and said it turned out to his expectations. He may be able to instill some level of confidence in you. At the end of the day you need to have an understanding with the dealership, it’s fixed when you say it’s fixed and it’s on their nickel until it’s made right.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to the service manager after not getting a call back, my dad decided to go with what he offered today to replace the tank with a brand new one from the factory.

They said it will take about a month to get it as it has to be special ordered.

I personally don`t have any confidence in them but its not my call on this one so.

Thanks to everyone for the great help and advice.
    Likes GearHead_1, tropicsteve, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Removing Light Scratches From A Denim Finish? (Has Become A Nightmare).

You`re not going to believe this, they delivered the bike back today with the new gas tank on it and guess what we found...

That`s right.... more "new" damage to the bike!

Somehow they managed to gouge/deeply scratch the brand new gloss black engine guards which we had them put on when we bought the bikes.

Scratch Guard 3.jpg

And... they left the clutch cable clamp off, left it just hanging freely with the securing screw missing.

Missing Clamp 3.jpg

Not to mention once again it was delivered full of greasy fingerprints and dirty loaded with road filth and it looks like they put 10 miles on it.

Ironically before they picked it up last, my April 18th email with the service department manager said he would personally oversee that the bike was done right this time and that its treated with care during its time in his service department, his reply to me asking him to do this for me was "of course".

Yuck... yuck.

Post Thanks / Like

Man I`m sorry to hear that they are so uncarefull on your fathers bike. Do you have any pictures of the engine shield before they did the work on the gas tank? Then I would contact the service manager and get him out to inspect the bike with you. And try not to wash it before he gets there. Do you have any information on what the speedometer stod on when turning it in? They could have been test drive it so it`s was no problem with the new gas tank. So maybe it was good that they didn`t washed it. But certainly get the engine shield deal sorted out.

Post Thanks / Like

They do a walk around when they pick them up and when they drop them off, you have to sign for it when you take possession as proof its ok.

From now on either with this dealership or any other I deal with in the future, I will take as long as it takes to examine it with a literal jeweler`s magnifying glass.

As of the writing of this reply its 11:26 am, I still have not received a call from anyone at the dealership, so much for it beging a high priority.

We are so outraged, I don`t know what to say when/`if` they do call...

Post Thanks / Like

Dispatch- Oh man, sorry you guys are going through this. Gee, you even saw it coming...

This kind of thing is *so* common at Auto dealerships in my area that, well...there`s the reason why my cars travel hours for their service. Wonder if that`d be an option with the bike..terrible and unfair hassle, but ya do what ya gotta do.
    Likes Dispatch liked this post
    Thanks Dispatch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I called the HD corporate office hours ago and put in a formal complaint and I also sent in a request to cancel and redo the survey`s we submitted.

Its 2:30 and we still have not had a single call from anyone from the dealership.

At this point I don`t know what my next step should be.

And if asked that is `if` they ever call, what to tell them when they ask what compensation we want(if they even offer anything at all).

Post Thanks / Like

Update: at 3:15 pm I finally got a call from a service manager who nonchalantly said they would replace the guards yet he did not even offer us anything as compansation, just matter of fact that the guards will replaced, even his apology was non-genuine and full of excuses.

I told him if the bike did in fact come back a third time with damage on it of any kind, we would no longer be talking replacement again, we will be talking a full refund...
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dispatch- I`ll be keeping my fingers crossed that they do OK this time, but if I were you I`d looking for a new dealer What *really* burns me is that your dad is going through all this...oh man, without your help I bet he`d be even more frustrated.
    Thanks Dispatch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should just go down to the dealership and speak to the owner `personally`...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1SCQzBJyMY
    Likes tropicsteve, Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    Maybe I should just go down to the dealership and speak to the owner `personally`...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1SCQzBJyMY
    Yes ! That would get their attention !
    Look how young, Arnold was then !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, *IF* the owner cares about how a customer or two feel, that`s a good idea.

I`ve had it go both ways, from our agreeing we cannot do business (we sold four cars and completely switched over to other stuff and other dealers) to the owner personally telling his employees that they *must* satisfy me to work for him (we`re still going there). You don`t know until you try.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure if the owner is even aware or would even care if he did know.

In all seriousness, I can not believe NO ONE in upper management has taken the time and effort to call to show genuine concern over what has happened, its like they just don`t care and you don`t matter.

That is up until they get your money they act like you do then, no one wants anything to do with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dispatch- That`s the kind of attitude and behavior that I`d expect from, uhm....somebody other than a HD dealership; I thought all you Harley folks (from the 1%`ers in MCs to the different 1% in the boardrooms) were supposed to be more, uhm....fraternal...than that

That`s the kind of feeling that the "wrong kind of customers" are given at snobbish places.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information