Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing Light Scratches From A Denim Finish?

Dispatch- Noting my utter sympathy for you guys...IMO whether that`d be a good move or not is one of those questions you and your dad will have to answer for yourselves.

I`ve gone both ways when treated unfairly, and was both right and wrong on each side of the fence.

Unfortunately, IME the utter disregard you`re getting from HD isn`t all that rare. Seems like most anybody in any business is willing to blow off certain customers since they apparently figure there are plenty of less discerning ones out there...willing to do one piece of business with a lot of people rather than repeat business with perhaps fewer people.

And remember, outside of the Autopian Bubble, nobody really cares about marring on much of anything. "Everything has scratches, because hey, I scratch everything up eventually and I`m my own standard" or mindsets along that line. Seems like a lot of people don`t *really* care about much of anything being wrong with anything! "Hey, I`m riding a Harley..who cares about [crap] like [whatever doesn`t register to them], no rice-burner for me!"

Heh heh, I`ve known lots of guys who won`t,uhm... have a polite interaction with somebody who rides anything but a Harley or an (old) Indian.
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m considering doing this not him.

He thinks I should just ride it and not let it get to me, my fear is with eventual maintenance and possible problems that could and have sprung up in the past, I just don`t want to have to deal with `any` Harley dealership again.

With the marks, I understand everything that is used gets worn and I will probably put some of my own on it in time BUT... for me, it`s totally different when something is brand spanking new and its due to the negligence of another.

I realize this could also have happened with any manufacturer but from experience, I think a Honda or another non-Harley maker would be more attentive to a customers problem like this, as Harley has always had an arrogant reputation and a lack of concern for its loyal customers.

Harley has earned this notoriety from too many years of thinking it and its motorcycles don`t stink.

This is why not many people especially Millennials, aren`t buying Harley Davidson motorcycles and Harley is suffering because of it(even with the recent tax break):
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/finance/co...ers/ar-AAxDCQo

Post Thanks / Like

Dispatch- Sounds like you have your head on straight

Since you`re not gonna have to get a dozen tattoos lasered away if you drop HD, you oughta be able to find something, from somebody, that won`t [tick] you off every time you think about it.

The exact sort of experience has put me off certain carmakers and dealers; simply won`t give those [individuals] my money. Period.
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information