Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions on a finish polish?

Its come time to replace my bottle of finish polish. I check in with you guys before I just reorder the same old product again.

Wondering what you guys use as a final step polish to amp up the shine before applying a coating.

I like the HD polish I`m using now, but wondering if there is any better?
    The HD cleans up the Micro Marring, some medium marring and finishes nicely. It smells good, wipes cleanly, and easily. Anything better?

I do wipe down with an IPA, but the less oily the better on the finish polish.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions on a finish polish?

Really enjoyed the finish on black Honda paint recently using Scholl S40 with a Crimson Hydrotech pad.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Was that used as the final step in a 2 or 3 step polish? or was it a one step?

I see its on sale at the geek for 8 bucks wow first time I got a bargain there! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Really enjoyed the finish on black Honda paint recently using Scholl S40 with a Crimson Hydrotech pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Was that used as the final step in a 2 or 3 step polish? or was it a one step?

I see its on sale at the geek for 8 bucks wow first time I got a bargain there! LOL
    Used S20 Black first the figrd why not S40 after just because? Was always on the fence whether Menz 3800 really made a difference but the Scholls S40 worked quite well, seemed to deepen/refine more than 3800 ever did for me.

I think it`s so cheap on AG because it`s outta stock...forever it seems. Had to get elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Griot`s Perfecting Cream. Very easy to work with.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax 4-6 perfect finish
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

my favorite finishing polish is PA final finish, not only does it clean up after my compounding step with a yellow rupes pad, it wipes off ridiculously easy and barely dusts at all (I can pretty much make anything dust a little bit)

it also smells amazing and there is something to be said about a polish creating a pleasant aroma in your garage while working

Brandt K.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lately, I have been enjoying Sonax Perfect Finish though I have not compared it to Sonax 04-06 Todd Cooperider from Esoteric gives the edge to Perfect Finish over Sonax 04-06 for finishing ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Lately, I have been enjoying Sonax Perfect Finish though I have not compared it to Sonax 04-06 Todd Cooperider from Esoteric gives the edge to Perfect Finish over Sonax 04-06 for finishing ability.
    I quite enjoy Perfect Finish as well; cleans up very nicely despite Internet claims that it may contain fillers. I was looking to Scholls to replace Menz 2400 and 3800 and they do a great job of that...and more. I`ve heard they are coming out with new bottles (design) too cuz their existing bottles are an absolute nightmare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I quite enjoy Perfect Finish as well; cleans up very nicely despite Internet claims that it may contain fillers. I was looking to Scholls to replace Menz 2400 and 3800 and they do a great job of that...and more. I`ve heard they are coming out with new bottles (design) too cuz their existing bottles are an absolute nightmare.
    Scholls must have read the threads of us bashing the bottle design lol. I transferred mine to a megs dispenser bottle and it works just fine since i have the larger bottle.
    TBH I also find the Perfect Finish 250ml bottle to be a bit clumsy, the flip cap gets in the way a lot especially when you are trying to apply a small amount it tends to touch areas of the pad and product gets stuck to it when dispensing. So I transferred that to a megs dispenser bottle as well. I wish they had put it in a similar type bottle as 04-06 250ml bottle but thats my only complaint with it. Other than that its a great product! I have also heard and read about the claims of fillers but when I use it I do an extensive wipedown with Eraser and have not noticed a difference in the finish at all and honestly the product just plain works really well.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are we talking DIMINISHING or NONDIMINISHING abrasives here? Thinking apples-to-apples vs. the HD Polish.

And yeah...are we talking "fixing minor flaws and not-so-micro-marring" or "Finishing Polish that merely refines what already looks OK"? E.g., fixing what M105 leaves behind is different from refining a nice finish and/or Burnishing.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Polish+ is my go to. It`s cheap, it works well on most paints, and it can be used directly over rubber moldings and plastic trim without staining.
    It`s a non-diminishing polish with amazing finishing potential. As far as I know, there`s nothing else like it.

Scholl`s S30+ polish that actually performs better than anything I`ve tried on soft sticky paints. On hard paints I do not finish the abrasives in this polish to be sharp enough to effectively use as anything other than a jeweling polish.

Boss Perfecting Cream is extremely impressive and even though I`ve only used it twice I plan on using it more in the upcoming weeks

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say stick with what works well for you. Nothing wrong with some good ole HD Polish that`s for sure. I`m also a lover of Meguiar`s M205 and Ultimate Polish.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s perfecting cream on a finishing pad is excellent, and no fillers.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike lambert- I can`t remember...have you used HD Polish? If so, I`d be curious how you`d compare it to the GG Perfecting Cream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information