Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this too harsh?

Thanks so much! i got the Klasse Sealant because of our coastal weather and 6-7` of rain per year. Cars here take quite the punishment. I`ve only had the Miata two weeks and she`s now garaged. This is my `life is too short` car. Doing the paint is a challenge which I love!!
    Thank you so much for your guidance and advice!❤️
    ​Fight like a Girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Ocean Winds- So glad to hear you`re finding it enjoyable!

With any luck, you`ll be enjoying that car for a good long while.

I would consider picking up some of the KAIO. The two products work great together, and KAIO is very user-friendly. Just don`t expect it to do any correction (it`s functionally nonabrasive).

Do the compounding and polishing, then use something to clean the polishing oils off. Many use Rubbing Alcohol, though I find it only moderately effective, preferring products that are *made* to strip the oils. No, the KAIO, while a great paint cleaner, doesn`t strip the oils IME.

If you want to just skip the whole oil stripping thing, do the correction and then use the Mothers wax; waxes aren`t very finicky about needing a perfectly stripped-clean surface. You could always revisit the LSPing step later; just doing the correction and getting something protective on there might be enough for now and I want you to start driving the wheels off that thing
    Likes Ocean Winds liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    Well let`s start with expectations ... a PC will only do so much correction and repair no matter what pad and product combo you put together, especially when first using

OK OK Yes, " some" people can actually get extreme results with a PC

Next .. water marks don`t come out with compounds, scratches come out with compounds and then you use a polish to clear and brighten.

Water spots are chemical reactions to the finish and you need to use a chemical polish to repair not wear away your clear coat.

and as stated by Nick some scratches , watermarks and defect are not going to come out, especially with a PC
    Pro Polish, Steve?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

You can try distilled white vinegar on hard water spots, i have used it for years. If the spots are not to far gone it could help, and it`s cheap and easy to try. Here is a link to a thread about using it from the AG site. Using Vinegar to remove water spots
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Winds View Post
    You guys are so awesome.
    I have Meguiars Mirror Bright Polishing Wax, Meguiars Clear coat safe rubbing compound, Meguiars Ultimate Compound.
    Then I have 2 paint sealants, Wolfgangs and Klasse and Mothers Carnuba wax as toppers.
    You have some good products on hand. The rubbing compound is the one in the maroon bottle? If it is that one is not intended for machine use. Ultimate Compound which works well can be used by hand or machine.

If you can, you can get some M205 or ultimate polish locally to refine the finish after compounding. If you can not get it, try using the polishing wax. I am not sure if you have the liquid version or not but the Mirror Bright polishing wax contains SMAT abrasives in it so it should work on a polishing pad to refine the finish after compounding. The liquid version is easier to spread onto the pad versus the paste version. It is actually a pretty good cleaner wax/sealant.

The MB Polishing Wax is stated to last up to 5-6 months.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Ocean Winds liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    You can try distilled white vinegar on hard water spots, i have used it for years. If the spots are not to far gone it could help, and it`s cheap and easy to try. Here is a link to a thread about using it from the AG site. Using Vinegar to remove water spots
    The spots are definitely too far gone. I`m in Oregon and the car came from Florida. Long story and a touching one in fact. It looks like it will get published in a magazine. The previous owner left it outside.��
    ​Fight like a Girl!
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information