Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Replacement for Klasse AIO

I`ve been using Klasse AIO for many years and have been very happy with it. I recently moved and the bottle cracked and I lost all the product. As I went to order more, I hesitated and wondered if there is something better out there. I know there are tons of polishes and all in ones, but I don`t need anything aggressive, and I will be using FK1000p on top, which worked perfectly with the AIO.

Suggestions on something I might find better than AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replacement for Klasse AIO

HD SPEED AIO

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    Likes Angus, PRND[S] liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DG 501, nice cleaner and good sealant properties.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

valleyguy1,
    If you use FK1000p , which is a super sealer/wax.
    Maybe a fine polish would be a way to add more depth, almost jeweling the paint. Then seal it with FK1000p.

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish
    Rupes Diamond/white pads (sold on those white pads, the Best)
    Sonax EX04-06

To name just a few.

Likes pwaug, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how Essence would be under 1000??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Mary`s comment above to give Sonax EX 04-06 a try. Such a versatile and easy to use polish. Your FK1000P should bond better to bare paint than with using an AIO first.

SONAX EX 04-06 250 ml.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

While I like to have options, and use both Zaino AIO and Autoglym Super Resin Polish for some things, IMO KAIO is simply a Staple Product that most everybody oughta have on the shelf. A jug lasts forever so I`d just buy more of that, at least if only having one AIO. It`s basically (functionally) nonabrasive nature is, IMO, a feature more often than not.

Note I`ve had absolutely ZERO evidence that putting FK1000P on bare paint, as opposed to over an AIO, results in greater longevity/durability. None whatsoever. When I post about how long the stuff last for me...citing timeframes that some find unbelievable, it`s *always* applied over top of something.

Just let any underlying product dry/cure/whatever it does before applying the Fk1000P as its solvents *can* mess with stuff if you don`t wait...can even mess with previous applications of FK1000P.
    Likes TroyScherer liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Note I`ve had absolutely ZERO evidence that putting FK1000P on bare paint, as opposed to over an AIO, results in greater longevity/durability. None whatsoever. When I post about how long the stuff last for me...citing timeframes that some find unbelievable, it`s *always* applied over top of something.

Just let any underlying product dry/cure/whatever it does before applying the Fk1000P as its solvents *can* mess with stuff if you don`t wait...can even mess with previous applications of FK1000P.
    Good info to share...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

If your car has stayed in really good shape, then I`d be hesitant to change anything. Having used KIO so much, you have that product figured out, and you`re likely getting the most out of it. That being said, if you`d like a change just for fun, to "see what would happen", I agree to forgo an aio and go mild polish then 1000.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in agreement with Accumulator. For me KAIO is one of the those staple products I will keep on hand as long as they make it. I know there are others out there that are similar but I have not found anything I lake as much yet except for maybe the new CarPro Essense. But I have only used it a few times and it`s not quite the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. What I liked about the KAIO is its low aggressiveness. It is a 1 on the Autopia Polish Comparison chart. I like that, I don`t need an aggressive polisher for what I`m doing.

Comments on the suggestions above:

Essence - seems designed for their ceramic coatings
    Sonax - does not seem to have a wax
    HD Speed AIO - sounds like a good alternative, a 2 on the scale
    Pinnacle - no wax
    DG 501 - not on the chart, but sounds like a good alternative, not sure of its aggressiveness
    Finish Kare 215 cleaner and sealant, a 2 on the chart. Since I`m using FK100p, might these work well together?

So, I`m still leaning to the KAIO, but any more feedback on DG501, HD Speed of the FK215 would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Poorboys AIO with sealant. To me it`s the equivalent of Zaino AIO, which I previously used, at half the price.
    Thanks valleyguy1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleyguy1 View Post
    Essence - seems designed for their ceramic coatings

HD Speed AIO - sounds like a good alternative, a 2 on the scale
    One of the things I really like about KAIO is that it is "Acrylic" based. So it works well under sealants and waxes.

CarPro Essence was created as a prep/base for coatings but from my use it works well for coatings and selants. I have not tried waxes over it yet but I don`t see whay it wouldn`t work.

HD Speed has more cut than KAIO for sure. I ahve it and use it. But IMO since its base for protection is Poxey it is more in line with putting a wax over it than a sealant. It does fill well though when paired with the right application method and pad.
    Thanks valleyguy1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you don`t need aggressive, I find DG 501 to be a pretty good AIO. It cleans well and lasts reasonably well. Also inexpensive and available locally at most NAPA`s.

Post Thanks / Like

KAIO has always been functionally nonabrasive for me, though the testing can get a little tricky as it has those cleaners (I generally test on soft single stage paint and exterior plastics).

[EDIT: I do recall how some Rotary-Meister, testing with a glossmeter, said that using KAIO after a Ultimate Burnishing resulted in a decrease in gloss. Never seen it on anything myself, but did want to mention it.]

So nobody here uses Autoglym Super Resin Polish, huh? That`s the third (of three) AIO I keep on the shelf. OK, it stains trim and is dusty...but I still like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information