Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed. How often to safely use?

I have a black Kia Optima that I usually clean up about once a month. It seems like there are always light water marks and some cloudiness in the paint that doesnt come out with the wash or a wipe down with detailing spray. Its missing that crystal clear clarity with the wash alone.

I have used Speed and the light purple 3D pad on my GG6 buffer making a couple of passes on speed 4 and it totally clears up the paint and always looks outstanding. My question is how much am I deteriorating the clear coat if I continue to use this process on a monthly basis ?
    BTW, Love the Speed. Its an amazing product ! Thanks - Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed. How often to safely use?

If you are experiencing water spots, I recommend MDR (MINERAL DEPOSIT REMOVER) made by OPT. Optimum Polymer Technologies. The only way to know how much clear coat is being removed is to use a paint thickness meter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yuh be better off using a more durable wax/sealant to get better protection, rather than having to do damage control so often.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesnt seem to matter what LSP that I use. Ive used 845, OCW 105 and Poxy. The clarity would probably not even be an issue with a lighter color or a metallic. I will never own another black vehicle. Its like trying to keep a piece of glass clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bswombaugh View Post
    It doesnt seem to matter what LSP that I use. Ive used 845, OCW 105 and Poxy. The clarity would probably not even be an issue with a lighter color or a metallic. I will never own another black vehicle. Its like trying to keep a piece of glass clean.
    I honestly think you could use HD Speed once a month for 15-20 years and you would remove less clear coat than if you were using a 1-step twice a year or a 2-step just once a year. Although I`m sure you could get away with the light purple pad, if I were you I would try to use the 3D black light polishing pad instead. If your paint is harder, and the black pad isn`t giving you the same results, I don`t think there`s anything wrong with using the light purple pad. I think ultimately what it comes down too is how much pressure you are using and how slow your arm speed is. I tend to use a similar process except with the white 5.5 inch B&S heavy polishing pad with HD Speed. I use extremely light pressure and use faster arm speed. I am almost "applying" it to the paint like I would with Menzerna Power Lock and the cleaners and fine abrasives clean the paint while removing such a small amount of clear coat that I am certain is less than if I was using HD Polish+ with heavier pressure and slower arm speed once or twice a year.

Alot of people seem to think HD Speed has more cut the HD Polish+, I use HD Polish+ more than ANY other product I own and it absolutely cuts more and finishes better than HD Speed. The sealant in Speed fills in alot of fine blemishes that it doesn`t correct which is what makes HD Speed such an incredible product. I know essence is suppose to have semi-permanent fillers, but it doesn`t fill nearly as well as Speed does. IMO
    Likes PRND[S], liveguard06 liked this post

Thread Information