McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Make A Silver Paint POP with McKee`s 37

Silver paint can be one of the difficult colors to make look wet. It`s just one of those colors that look pretty good all the time, Even when it is swirled out. Sometimes with hours of polishing you can see very little improvement in overall gloss. So I had a tough task, Not only did I have improve the overall look of a silver car, But I had to do it on a Porsche that is not even a few years old.

The customer initially thought the Porsche was in "pristine" condition, I told him although the Porsche is in overall good condition, It can be taken to a higher level. The customer approached me with just wanting a protection package. After showing him the swirl marks and slight buffer trails in the sun he immediately asked about the process to remove the flaws and get the car perfect.

I explained to him that a One-Step polish would take care of it and afterwards we would protect it with High Def Paint Sealant for protection up to 1 year.

He put the pressure on when he said "I did not think it needed this level of detailing, However if you think you can improve it let`s do it"

I had to deliver and take this Porsche to the Next Level->

the following morning he dropped it off, I wasted no time and started washing it right away. Let`s get started.

Wheels/Tires

I sprayed the tires with Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator

Agitation.

Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel!

The Foaming Wheel Cleaner changes colors when it interacts with brake dust/grime!

pH-balanced and non-acidic.

Getting in the barrels.

Before we apply Hydro-Blue to the wheels, notice the flat water behavior in the barrels, and on the face of the wheels.

Before Hydro Blue.

Few sprays of Hydro Blue!
    \\
    Rinse off.

After Hydro Blue.

Notice how hydrophobic the wheels are now.

Washing/Drying

To wash we are using Xtreme Foam Formula, I added 1oz of Hi-Intensity APC to my wash bucket.

Ready to rock.

Foaming the car down with Xtreme Foam Formula.

You can never have enough foam.

After the entire car was washed, I brought out the Turbo Car Dryer to dry the entire vehicle.

Before Turbo Car Dryer.

Used the Turbo Car Dryer to free the wheels of water.

Usually I do my decon/clay outside while washing, It was getting hotter outside, So I dried her off and did the decon inside.

Polishing/Paint Correction

After the decon step, and some masking. We are now ready to start the polishing stages. My Go-To for High End One-Step polishes has been Fast Polish + Lake Countrys Blue HDO pad. this combo gives the perfect amount of cut and finish.

After my first tests, and upon inspection the results were exactly what I wanted to see. No swirl marks and even removed some dealer installed holograms.

a One-Step match made in heaven.

Protecting/Sealing

To protect the Porsche we applied a coat of my new favorite paint sealant, With it being recently released and formulated It has all the newest polymer technology. Notice how thick and creamy the sealant is (Smells like oranges)

Did I mention its thick?

With those 3 drops, I was able to spread and seal the entire side of the Porsche.

After spreading out the sealant you can see the nice thin layer.

Interior

The Interior was in great shape, I went around the entire inside with Fast Interior Detailer

Fast Interior Detailer did a great job enhancing the finish.

Sealant Removal

With the customer coming to pick it up the next day, I let the sealant bond over night. The next morning I removed the sealant

Left the paint looking/feeling rich and silky smooth.

Super glossy.

McKee`s 37 Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Make A Silver Paint POP with McKee`s 37

After Shots

I like this angle of the car, It reminds me of a less curvy Carrera GT.

The customer approves!

Silver can be one of the hardest colors to make POP! in almost every case you see very little payout in gloss even after hours of polishing/buffing. I credit Fast Polish and High Def Paint Sealant for really making this Silver Beauty POP, the customer was thrilled with the results and could not believe how slick the paint felt. I told him I let the sealant bond for 24 hours, and the longer you let High Def sit the slicker it makes the paint.

- Joe Metlow
    Next Level Auto Detail

Product List:

Xtreme Foam Formula
    Hi-Intensity APC
    Fast Interior Detailer
    Fast Polish
    High Def Paint Sealant
    Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator
    Gloss Tire Gel
    Hydro Blue
    Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner