Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any one use Scholls S20 Black ??

Quote Originally Posted by CerceS550 View Post
    They are getting returned. Just got the email back from Adams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
    Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Finally tried S20 today. Not sure how I feel about it. Leaves a good finish with nice gloss, easy to wipe off and does a pretty good job for a one step. It just dusts too much for my liking.

The dusting reminded me of what I experienced with HD Polish. Which I disliked so much that I gave HD Polish away.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Finally tried S20 today. Not sure how I feel about it. Leaves a good finish with nice gloss, easy to wipe off and does a pretty good job for a one step. It just dusts too much for my liking.

The dusting reminded me of what I experienced with HD Polish. Which I disliked so much that I gave HD Polish away.
    The S20 Black took a while for me to figure out (like most things it seems)...i was using with a Flex 3401 on one of their honey spider pads and initially went at it as `normal`, speed 5, 3 pea sized drops and it wasn`t anything special it seemed.

Then went down to 4 unusually small drops at speed 4 and 4 passes was the sweet spot.

They say it`s some kinda `Rapidly diminishing abrasive technology` so I just condensed everything, less product, less speed, less passes, less pressure and it seemed to come alive nicely. I guess many use it on navy spider pads to great effect as well.

Because I`m lazy, the condensed process appeals to me as opposed to a Menzerna 2400 which takes me longer to work completely thru a cycle.

It finished out very nicely but since I was using on my own black Honda and wasn`t in a hurry, I finished with S40 on a crimson Hydrotech to squeak a bit more out of the process and that worked far better for that last little bit of than Menz 3800 ever did.

I really like the Scholls stuff now but there were some `This ain`t nothing special` moments along the way initially.

Just a shame the Scholl spider pads are so expensive and the fact that idiots apparently designed the smaller Scholl bottles...hard to dispense the very small drops required.
    Thanks mc2hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The S20 Black took a while for me to figure out (like most things it seems)...i was using with a Flex 3401 on one of their honey spider pads and initially went at it as `normal`, speed 5, 3 pea sized drops and it wasn`t anything special it seemed.

Then went down to 4 unusually small drops at speed 4 and 4 passes was the sweet spot.

They say it`s some kinda `Rapidly diminishing abrasive technology` so I just condensed everything, less product, less speed, less passes, less pressure and it seemed to come alive nicely. I guess many use it on navy spider pads to great effect as well.

Because I`m lazy, the condensed process appeals to me as opposed to a Menzerna 2400 which takes me longer to work completely thru a cycle.

It finished out very nicely but since I was using on my own black Honda and wasn`t in a hurry, I finished with S40 on a crimson Hydrotech to squeak a bit more out of the process and that worked far better for that last little bit of than Menz 3800 ever did.

I really like the Scholls stuff now but there were some `This ain`t nothing special` moments along the way initially.

Just a shame the Scholl spider pads are so expensive and the fact that idiots apparently designed the smaller Scholl bottles...hard to dispense the very small drops required.
    As I posted over on AGO in another thread, I don`t intend to buy the spider pads. Already have enough pads as it is.

The dusting reminds me of what I got with HD Polish which I disliked. It`s the reason I gave HD Polish away.

Here is what I posted there as well.

I used it with brand new pads and pads I previously used a couple weeks ago that have been cleaned. Dusted with both options. Primed with 4 pea sized drops and then 2-3 drops depending on the panel size. Didn`t use a pad conditioner or water on it either. Used it with the blue LC HDO pads (previously used) and even the Megs cutting disks (new) with the same outcome.

I went a few panels before I put is aside and went with Rupes Keramik and the Rupes yellow pad which is working better at the moment. This paint is weird and I hate working on it and Keramik is the only thing that works on it. I will try it again but not on this car I am currently working on.

Speed 4 on the Rupes 15 MKII and even on the Duetto at 4.5. Humidity was a bit high so I am hoping that is the cause.

The paint is finicky on this one for sure. It is actually a repaint. It`s my uncles black vette.

I had the same issue the first time and Rupers Keramik was the savior. I took the opportunity to try out S20 to see what everyone was raving about but I put that aside. Didn`t cut as well as Rupes keramik and again the dusting. I was curious so I tried the Sonax Cut & Finish on a cutting pad and that worked better than S20. I was just messing around with some other polishes out of curiosity.

So for now I will be putting S20 aside as Rupes Keramik is the savior once again for this particular paint. At this particular moment after a few panels I am not that impressed with S20. Good thing I only bought the 16 oz bottle and I got it on discount.

Will I reach for it again? Sure

Will it be my go to one step? At the moment no it will not
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Will I reach for it again? Sure

Will it be my go to one step? At the moment no it will not
    I think the S20 works best on softer paint. Worked wonderfully on new black Honda paint but was more `meh` on older, black Ford paint. I don`t think of it as a universal product but really enjoy it on things it does work on.

Funny though...recently gave HD Polish+ a shot for the first time and really like it. Not much cut, but for a second step after a well finishing compound, I find it fun to use and not too much trouble.

Kinda neat how different things give different impressions to different folks...interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys gotta try S40 with Rupes white pads, as a final polish, work it a few passes.
    Fantastic gloss level, and oohh so easy to work with, my ultimate fav. finish polish!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think the S20 works best on softer paint. Worked wonderfully on new black Honda paint but was more `meh` on older, black Ford paint. I don`t think of it as a universal product but really enjoy it on things it does work on.

Funny though...recently gave HD Polish+ a shot for the first time and really like it. Not much cut, but for a second step after a well finishing compound, I find it fun to use and not too much trouble.

Kinda neat how different things give different impressions to different folks...interesting.
    I agree with everything you said. great post

Post Thanks / Like

I will try again but not on this particular paint. Just doesn`t work for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information