Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated 2/2017: Autopia Polish Comparison Chart!

Quote Originally Posted by jester7677 View Post
    Would love to see where the Jescar products fit on the chart. HD Speed`s position surprised me a little, though I haven`t used it.
    Would be nice to see...offhand I`d guess they are pretty much the equivalents to Menz FG400 and Menz 3000 or 3500 (maybe Polish more akin to 2400...dunno)

Used the Jescar Compound for a bit yesterday, very nice. Much easier removal than Menz...clean, no oily residue. Left very nice finish as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be good to see the Jescar stuff, or maybe add it to the Menzerna row if it`s the same stuff. Would like to see Duragloss as well, but not critical since they don`t seem to across the spectrum. They have few products with cut and it`s not clear how much or what is heavier or lighter (652, 671, and of course 101, 105, 501).
    Likes LashingStanley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No Duragloss products?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Autopia View Post
    Autopia-CarCare Polish Comparison Chart.

Here is the UPDATED polish chart designed for reference only to compare polishes carried by Autopia Car Care and other popular brands. There are many factors that constitute how a particular polish will work. I`ve updated this list to include several new products and even a few new lines that we`re carrying (BriteMax, Gyeon & McKee`s 37).
    Are there any plans of an update coming that includes D166, the new Blackfire products, and any other more recent releases?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So the Sonax cuttmax does cut like say FG400, WG uber, Pinnacle advanced compound? According to the chart.

Post Thanks / Like

Useless! Neil Peart should be #1.

Post Thanks / Like

This chart is super useful and helped me pick some polishes last night. If I had not had this chart, I probably wouldn`t have purchased any polishes.
    Anyhow, there`s been some great new PBMG & other companies` polishes added to the market, so is there a chance to get this chart updated, and maybe get Duragloss thrown in there?

Post Thanks / Like

It`s 2021 and I still reference this chart even though I suspect it is out of date. Is there an updated chart that I can access and link?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, the griots correcting cream, sonax perfect finish and carpro fixer should be a lot closer together. Seems like a very subjective chart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willbeen View Post
    It`s 2021 and I still reference this chart even though I suspect it is out of date. Is there an updated chart that I can access and link?
    X2, would be great to update this chart for heavy compounds.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Though dated, it is STILL a great compound and polishing chart reference, even if it is somewhat subjective (IE, based on opinion from personal observation rather than verifiable measured hard data testing) in nature.

Two compound and polish manufacturers that absolutely NEED to be added to this chart: Scholl Concepts and Koch Chemie.
    I would also like to see Dr. Beasley`s newer NSP 150, 95, 45, and Z1 offerings added to this chart,
    along with Turtle Wax`s Hybrid Solutions Pro 1 and Done compound and their Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish and Ceramic Polish-and-Wax.

Since this chart IS copyrighted by Autopia.org, someone within that organization will need to do this. So yes, I along with many of my fellow Autopians are petitioning Autopia to do this. As stated, it`s a need that I think is a great marketing tool. Unfortunately, Scholl Concepts and Koch Chemie are NOT sold by the Autopia Store (PBMG), so it`s kind of contradictory for them to test and rate product lines that competes with those manufacturers on the chart that ARE sold by them.

I think all Autopians ask the same question: What is the best compound and polish to use for detailing?
    Kind of like "which is the best buffer to use for detailing", it is a very subjective question because there are SOOOOO many variables to answer that question because there is no "one-size-fits-all" universal application compound and polish. It`s why experienced pro and hobbyist detailers will test a spot on a vehicle because of the type/hardness paint or the type of pad being used for a particular correction and polishing paint problem, not to mention the type of buffing machine being used. It`s one of the reasons many Autopians have a number of different manufacturer`s compounds and polishes to meet those needs as encountered.

That said, it seems from reviewing a number of threads in this forum that Griot`s Garage BOSS compound creams and polish creams get a lot of use by both professional and hobbyist detailers alike on a wide range of vehicles and paint problems encountered by them. This compound and polish line-up currently seems to be as close to the universal, do-all as it will get to answering the above question of "what is the best compound and polish to use"
    GB detailer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information