Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Updated 2/2017: Autopia Polish Comparison Chart!

Thanks for that Paul looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I know Mckees new finishing polish is a little more aggressive than your typical polish, but I am a little surprised that Menzerna SF3500 and 3D Polish made it into the Swirl Remover category. Hopefully someone can elaborate on that? Could it be new formulas with more cut?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Autopia View Post
    Adjustments for the Poorboy`s line have been completed
    OK, now that you`re done with that, you need to look at the Optimum spray polishes, because there are 3 of them now (4 if you include GPS)...although ACC doesn`t seem to be carrying the Intensive Polish.

More info (and confusion) here: Optimum Rejiggers Its Spray Polish Line Again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    OK, now that you`re done with that, you need to look at the Optimum spray polishes, because there are 3 of them now (4 if you include GPS)...although ACC doesn`t seem to be carrying the Intensive Polish.

More info (and confusion) here: Optimum Rejiggers Its Spray Polish Line Again?
    Updated, heard from Optimum that the Intensive Polish Used to be the Hyper Compound... When they Reformulated the Hyper Compound for more cut, they kept the old formula for those who don`t need/want the extra cut and renamed it Intensive Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul@Autopia View Post
    Updated, heard from Optimum that the Intensive Polish Used to be the Hyper Compound... When they Reformulated the Hyper Compound for more cut, they kept the old formula for those who don`t need/want the extra cut and renamed it Intensive Polish.
    Just wondering why doesn`t PBMG stock the "Optimum Intensive Polish" given you guys stock almost all of their chemicals.. Perhaps slipped through the cracks while they were rejiggering their lineup...

Post Thanks / Like

hi

Hopefully someone here with advice.
    just new here. From England haha.

Now I doubt anyone has an answer for this but I`m very new to looking after cars...

so does anyone know where autoglym super resin polish would go? If i am correct, it sounds like a final polish with slight abrasives containing wax, so it would be in like the 1-3 column. Correct?

Also so say I used a pure polish (no wax/sealant/glaze) In 4-7 to remove most scratches and swirls, could I wax straight after That or should I go over it with a product in like 1-3 then wax?

i know 0 is more for just shine, but I want something that will take out scratches/swirls so I am wondering what order to go in. I was solely thinking a product in 4-7, then autoglym super resin polish to finish, then wax, would this work?

what`s the difference between the ones in black and purple? especially if they were being topped off with wax.

thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Autoglym products but not that one. If someone does not provide an answer here you might try the Detailing World Forum which caters to more U.K. brands. Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I have some Autoglym products but not that one. If someone does not provide an answer here you might try the Detailing World Forum which caters to more U.K. brands. Welcome to Autopia!
    Hi. Thanks, i will see if anyone has a reply to that question, but i will also ask on that U.K. forum.

What about the other thing i asked, which i believe you could answer.

If i used a pure polish (no wax/sealant/glaze) In 4-7 to remove most scratches and swirls, could I wax straight after that or should I go over it with a product in like 1-3 to get rid of the small stuff and finish the paint then wax?

Like i said, i am new to this stuff, haha.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jianni12 View Post
    Hi. Thanks, i will see if anyone has a reply to that question, but i will also ask on that U.K. forum.

What about the other thing i asked, which i believe you could answer.

If i used a pure polish (no wax/sealant/glaze) In 4-7 to remove most scratches and swirls, could I wax straight after that or should I go over it with a product in like 1-3 to get rid of the small stuff and finish the paint then wax?

Like i said, i am new to this stuff, haha.

Thanks
    It would depend on how well that initial polish finished down vs your expectations. And that`s gonna be dictated by your expectation for final finish, pad used, the paint and your technique. No real hard and fast answer.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

dont get how some from late chart or now less aggressive on this chart? what changed?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with jrock, it`s more of a judgement call. You are going into jeweling territory, trying to get the last bit of shine out of your paint. Softer paints can get cloudy/haze with a finer grade of polish. Do a test spot and see what it looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    It would depend on how well that initial polish finished down vs your expectations. And that`s gonna be dictated by your expectation for final finish, pad used, the paint and your technique. No real hard and fast answer.
    Ended up buying some Super resin polish, it`s cheap for a litre at £14($18) I paid with a basic applicator and cloth. It is all just done as a weekend think on two red cars and sometimes a third grey car.

Doesn`t have to look perfect, so we just do hand polish and waxing.

Also, is it ok to use polish over wax? Like our car shampoo is a wash and wax, and therefore if I go over it with the Polish which also contains wax, will it be ok? Or shall I buy one that is pure shampoo?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If you polish over wax, you`re gonna need to wax again since polish will in all likelihood remove wax.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using AutoGlym SRP only (to polish & protect vehicle paintwork) and not applying a paint sealant (e.g. EGP for longer lasting protection) or carnauba wax (e.g. HD wax for a better finish) afterwards, then just wash with one of AutoGlym`s three shampoos.

https://www.autoglym.com/blog/2017/0...poo-do-i-need/

https://www.autoglym.com/blog/2017/0...s-car-shampoo/

If you enter "Auto Glym Guide" into google you should find a useful pdf on a website based in New Zealand.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see where the Jescar products fit on the chart. HD Speed`s position surprised me a little, though I haven`t used it.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information