Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cool use for a Dremel...

Does anyone have a link to the backing plate? Google search coming up empty.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    What about using this? https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-575-Ri...B00005AXI0/ref

Could make it very versatile tool! Could work great for some sections and other sections could use the flex cable. This could be great around door handles and other tight areas. Also headlight correction. What do you all think?

Whatever makes it comfortable for you really. Personally, I wouldn`t want to use a grip like that or the other one I linked because it would remove the sensitivity factor of knowing how much pressure I`m using . For such a sensitive purpose, I like to be as close to the polishing head/pad as possible when it comes to feeling it and controlling it. I could see myself getting carried away using something like that and applying too much pressure .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I see I`m not the only one that thought about this. I worried about burning through paint very quickly. Got to keep that thing moving or you could do some damage. It would be nice on some thin spoked wheels.
    You can get a variable-speed controller to bring the rpm of the rotary way down to a safe level. Should be able to find them pretty cheap.
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Dremel, but don`t use it near paint-just too fast. However, I do use the flex attachment and hook it to one of my drills. Set the trigger lock at an appropriate speed and you`re only limited by the length of the flex cable.

Bill
    Likes Migue, mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that my Dremels seldom please me as well as my other rotary tools and I *DO NOT* recommend cordless Dremels at all...

Yeah, they can be handy and I have...oh gee, how many?... five or six such rotary tools ranging from "big electric motor with a flex shaft" to my beloved Milwaukee 12v one. I use them now and then for auto stuff and have done OK with their brushes when the back sides of neglected wheels/etc. needed some really aggressive work.

I use them with tiny diamond burrs to derust paint chips and with larger ones and wire brushes when I derust undercarriage/underhood bits.

I`m not gonna use them to correct paint (that shows), hope those who do are awfully careful about it.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information