Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wiping polish to check progress

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I`m wondering if the plushness of this towel is not letting you remove all of the polish. I noticed that the higher GSM towels from TRC work best with spray waxes and detailers but not so much to remove polishes and compounds. I`ve had much better success wiping off M205 with a Meg`s supreme shine or a TRC edgeless 365.
    Ive got a ton of eagle blues that I use for compounds, interiors, etc. I`ve always used the plusher ones for final polish / glaze but I`ll give a couple of new blues a try
    M

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I typically use pretty much product with M205, working more-or-less via the KBM. AND...I don`t work it all that long as I *NEVER* let such products dry/flash off...NEVER. SO maybe I can`t be of any real help here after all!

Eh, that`s the sort of thing that drove me to retire my M205 (which I still hope somebody will buy some day...). On some vehicles it was just a huge PIA. (Admittedly it was easy to use on others.)

Am I reading your post right?...You`re using a Cyclo?!? Wow, I thought I was maybe the only guy here who uses that machine! FWIW, I never liked M205 (or M105 either for that matter) via Cyclo. For one thing, with a 4" pad I`m cleaning/replacing the pad *ALL THE TIME*...which also drives me nuts when doing spot-correction with 3-4" pads. Eh, maybe that`s just me...but again, my east-if-expensive solution is to switch to a different product like HD Polish (which is used in very small quantities so IMO it`s good via small pads).
    Normally love 205/UP for finals except for the wipe during process. Final wipe down after finished is fine it`s just the quick wipe while polishing to see how it`s going that bothers me. HD polish isn`t nearly as bad, again not much product used, menz 3800 somewhere in-between.

I still prefer using the cyclo for final polish / glaze on curvy surfaces as it lets me get into areas (like near emblems and trim) where the 15mm buffer is a little sketchy. Sometimes I`ll use the PC with a 5-1/2 pad but can`t take than much vibration for that long anymore.
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Stay tuned next week my friend...
    Ok, what do you know? Spill it, or I`m sending the d114 lovers association to your house, lol. Really, is Meg`s bringing out a new d114 for SEMA?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Ok, what do you know? Spill it, or I`m sending the d114 lovers association to your house, lol. Really, is Meg`s bringing out a new d114 for SEMA?
    I`m thinking that since he is involved with the Gloss Shop that they may be introducing something similar to D114.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Ronkh, rwright liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Not to my knowledge. I just know what has been publicly stated about it being discontinued. With SEMA next week I suspect a lot of announcements.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have had excellent results with CarPro Eraser removing polishing oils etc. You may wish to give it a try.

I`m headed to SEMA in a couple of days...I`m looking forward to seeing the "new" products for our trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    Normally love 205/UP for finals except for the wipe during process. Final wipe down after finished is fine it`s just the quick wipe while polishing to see how it`s going that bothers me. HD polish isn`t nearly as bad, again not much product used, menz 3800 somewhere in-between...
    I haven`t used Menzerna stuff enough to have an opinion of/feel for it. But yeah..big diff for me regarding how much product between M205 and the HD.

I`d get one of those "polish oil remover" products. The stuff I have from TOL is sure cheap enough, but I can`t help wonder whether something pricier/fancier might be better.

I still prefer using the cyclo for final polish / glaze on curvy surfaces as it lets me get into areas (like near emblems and trim) where the 15mm buffer is a little sketchy. Sometimes I`ll use the PC with a 5-1/2 pad but can`t take than much vibration for that long anymore.
    I hear you on the PC`s vibration! I only bought mine (back in the `80s) because my Cyclos *can`t* accomodate the contours of some of my vehicles. Otherwise I`d probably finish everything via Cyclo as I simply love the things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information