Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC speed 5.5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC speed 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    Nobody said that you couldn`t put the dial in between 5 and 6. You obviously can. There will be no speed increase in that position though and there will not be the detents like there is from 1 to 5. It`s on speed 5 until you put it fully into 6.
    This sums it up quite well.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried another experiment...if you want to hear results...it may give you a speed of 5.5......

Al..
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    I just tried another experiment...if you want to hear results...it may give you a speed of 5.5......

Al..

Well?

Post Thanks / Like

ok...here is what I did....I plugged my PC into my router speed control box...small as a pack of cigaretts...it has a knob on it to control motor speed...I put the pc on 6...turned to motor speed control down to 0..turned the pc on...no motor movement..then I turned knob on motor control and had infenite motors speed...sorta like a ceiling fan speed control...works sorta nice...you can adjust speed by a hair..

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like

^ Cheater

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad you responded Anthony to this thread becuase ou really crack me up.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    I`m glad you responded Anthony to this thread becuase ou really crack me up.

First learn to spell correctly. Secondly it`s ridiculously obvious that you are just plain wrong and cannot seem to accept it. Look at all the response in this thread. You are definitely in the minority. Just in case you haven`t got it yet let me spell it out for you again. There is no 5.5 setting on the PC. It is 5 or 6 period.

Post Thanks / Like

You are definitely in the minority. Just in case you haven`t got it yet let me spell it out for you again. There is no 5.5 setting on the PC. It is 5 or 6 period.
    I guess I`m in the minority also. You can spell out all night long, like I said there is a 5.5 on my PC. I don`t know if the speed gets faster or not, but there is a click on mine between 5 and 6. So once again when comes to my "PC" your statements are wrong!
    Danny J. Whitehead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE 1
    I guess I`m in the minority also. You can spell out all night long, like I said there is a 5.5 on my PC. I don`t know if the speed gets faster or not, but there is a click on mine between 5 and 6. So once again when comes to my "PC" your statements are wrong!
    Maybe your PC and Lonewolf`s PC are brother and sister and have the same birth defects. Or maybe everybody else is full of it and there really is a 5.5 and we are just too stupid to realize it. This is really getting to be a joke. If you think you have a 5.5 on your PC than all the power to you. Polish on 5.5 till your heart is content. I on the other hand will continue to live in reality where there is no 5.5 on the PC. :horse

Post Thanks / Like

Mine goes to 11.

-Kaos!
    1999 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4, Metallic Green, Silver Trim
    :duel Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Thrust!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    Maybe your PC and Lonewolf`s PC are brother and sister and have the same birth defects. Or maybe everybody else is full of it and there really is a 5.5 and we are just too stupid to realize it. This is really getting to be a joke. If you think you have a 5.5 on your PC than all the power to you. Polish on 5.5 till your heart is content. I on the other hand will continue to live in reality where there is no 5.5 on the PC. :horse
    If it`s such a joke than why not let it rest? You don`t HAVE to keep posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CARTfan
    If it`s such a joke than why not let it rest? You don`t HAVE to keep posting.
    Because insisting that the PC has a 5.5 setting is ridiculous. Not posting and letting misinformation like that be passed off as the truth would serve no purpose.

Oh wait a minute. Who am I fooling? The truth is there really is a 5.5 setting. In fact there are 400 different settings between 5 and 6. I personally use the 5.399 setting all the time. Honest I can really feel the clicks. If you find this answer to be a joke you don`t have to post a reply just let it pass as the truth because as CARTfan has stated

"If it`s such a joke than why not let it rest? You don`t HAVE to keep posting."

Post Thanks / Like

Why is this thread still going???

We have already established that you can position the PC switch in the "5.5 position." This does not mean that your PC has a 5.5 speed setting. The motor does not increase its speed,....its still moving at speed 5. When you put it to speed 6, the speed goes up. You can hear and feel the change from 5 to 6. There is no change from 5 to the supposed 5.5. Someone already measured that there was no difference in the machine speed set at 5 and set at the "5.5" setting. If there actually was a 5.5 setting (not just position the dial to where 5.5 would be), you should be able to perceive an increase in machine speed by either sound and/or vibration.

I think some of you are arguing about different things. Those who claim they have a 5.5 setting are saying you can position the switch (with a click) to what would be a setting of 5.5. Those arguing there is no 5.5 setting are saying that there is no increase in machine speed in the "5.5" position. The machine is still moving at the same speed as the 5 position, even though it is on the 5.5 setting. Essentially,.......the machine is on speed 5 or speed 6,......with anything before speed 6 the machine is on speed 5 regardless of the setting of the speed dial (assuming you are past the speed 5 setting).

Are we in agreement here??? If someone`s machine actually increases its speed in the "5.5" position, I would like to see video of that, because everyone else seem to know that in the 5.5 position the machine is still moving at speed 5, as there is no perceivable change in the machine speed (as would be supported by the person who measured the machine speed with his device and found no change at setting 5 or 5.5, but a change at setting 6).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaos
    Mine goes to 11.

Most sane post in the entire thread.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West6MT
    Why is this thread still going???

We have already established that you can position the PC switch in the "5.5 position." This does not mean that your PC has a 5.5 speed setting. The motor does not increase its speed,....its still moving at speed 5. When you put it to speed 6, the speed goes up. You can hear and feel the change from 5 to 6. There is no change from 5 to the supposed 5.5. Someone already measured that there was no difference in the machine speed set at 5 and set at the "5.5" setting. If there actually was a 5.5 setting (not just position the dial to where 5.5 would be), you should be able to perceive an increase in machine speed by either sound and/or vibration.

I think some of you are arguing about different things. Those who claim they have a 5.5 setting are saying you can position the switch (with a click) to what would be a setting of 5.5. Those arguing there is no 5.5 setting are saying that there is no increase in machine speed in the "5.5" position. The machine is still moving at the same speed as the 5 position, even though it is on the 5.5 setting. Essentially,.......the machine is on speed 5 or speed 6,......with anything before speed 6 the machine is on speed 5 regardless of the setting of the speed dial (assuming you are past the speed 5 setting).

Are we in agreement here??? If someone`s machine actually increases its speed in the "5.5" position, I would like to see video of that, because everyone else seem to know that in the 5.5 position the machine is still moving at speed 5, as there is no perceivable change in the machine speed (as would be supported by the person who measured the machine speed with his device and found no change at setting 5 or 5.5, but a change at setting 6).

I agree with your take on this. The thing is that those who claim they actually have a 5.5 on their PC`s, confirmed with a click into position, are BSing for the sake of argument because they can`t admit they are wrong. I see no reason not to challenge BS when I see/hear it. If you don`t than it gets passed on as truth and no good comes from that.

What I don`t get is why on a forum that clearly has hundreds maybe even thousands of members with the machines we are discussing are not responding. They have PC`s and know that there is no 5.5 yet would sit back a watch a few spread total BS about the PC. How is that a good thing?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information