Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do next

Post Thanks / Like

What to do next

I`m guessing this is a newbie question. I have a 96 Dodge Viper that I`m trying to bring the finish back to some what swirl free. I went over the entire car with meguiar`s scratch X 2.0. It looks 100 % better than when I started. I did clay bar the entire car after a thorough wash before I applied the megs 2.0.

So what would be the next step?? I have been reading a bunch of threads on the subject but I`m now thoroughly confused...

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to do next

If you are happy with the outcome of your work and the finish looks great to you, then it would be time to apply something over the paintwork to give it a little protection..

The choices are from basic waxes, sealants, spray wax products, spray sealant products, and on to coatings..

Then, after accomplishing that step, just keep up on the finish using a good dedicated car wash soap and something soft to not introduce any new defects in your paintwork when you wash it.
    Dan F
    Likes The Guz, Angus, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would it benefit the paint if i would first use something like Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before I seal it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 13S550 View Post
    Would it benefit the paint if i would first use something like Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before I seal it?
    I`ve never had good luck with gloss enhancing polish, maybe you will. I might recommend Poorboys black hole or white diamond depending on the color of the car. Not sure what LSP you plan on using but I think poorboys should play well with whatever you use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 06vrss View Post
    I`ve never had good luck with gloss enhancing polish, maybe you will. I might recommend Poorboys black hole or white diamond depending on the color of the car. Not sure what LSP you plan on using but I think poorboys should play well with whatever you use.
    It`s dark blue with white stripes.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the car now swirl and defect free? If you want to fill in some minor scratches/swirls something like Poorboys Black Hole will fill and provide more gloss before a sealant or wax. The sealant will not fill and will probably make minor defects look worse (more reflection). You can use a good wax to fill in some minor defects. Waxes like Pinnacle Souvern or CG 50/50 would look great on that Viper especially if it is not a daily driver. If you want more protection Collinite 845 works great, just apply very thin for easier removal. Please post a picture, everyone loves a Viper.
    Likes 13S550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s dark blue with white stripes.
    White diamond for light colors. Black hole for dark colors. I`ve had excellent results with both. If your happy with the way it looks now but just want that little extra pop. They really do a great job of hiding alot of minor defects before lsp. Just my 2 cents. Awesome car btw, I`ve loved those since I was a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go.....

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I can`t get the pics to come up.... any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I can`t get the pics to come up.... any suggestions?
    Do you have a smart phone? Download the Tapatalk app and post from that. I`ve never had much luck doing it any other way.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here we go.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Likes RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a smart phone? Download the Tapatalk app and post from that. I`ve never had much luck doing it any other way.
    Thank you for the tip...

Post Thanks / Like

That was before I started the process. So I`m going to be ordering the PB Black hole and have decided to not seal it since it`s not a DD. So wax wise I`m thinking about either Natty`s Blue or CG 50/50 what`s everyone`s opinion??

Post Thanks / Like

That was before I started the process. So I`m going to be ordering the PB Black hole and have decided to not seal it since it`s not a DD. So wax wise I`m thinking about either Natty`s Blue or CG 50/50 what`s everyone`s opinion??
    Any of the nattys paste waxes will please you. I would recommend blue or black. Black hole and nattys paste is a recipe that cannot be beat. That car is simply awesome btw. Please post pics when you are done!

Post Thanks / Like

Any of the nattys paste waxes will please you. I would recommend blue or black. Black hole and nattys paste is a recipe that cannot be beat. That car is simply awesome btw. Please post pics when you are done!
    Just ordered both. I will post before and after pics when I`m done. Thanks for everyone`s advise...
    Likes RaysWay, 06vrss liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information