Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin Autoscrub Sponge VS Opti-eraser VS. Clay Magic?

Been a long time Clay Magic user, through because I try & keep my cars in good condition I use it rather infrequently.

I saw the Nanoskin line of products (looking at the autoscrub sponge fine) & the Optimum Opti-eraser fine and am wondering what the feed back is on the 2 products one VS the other and what people thought of using the sponges over say the mitts or towels.

NOTE: I have done some research on here & AG and I realize that clay magic seems to still be the best for heavy contamination but these 2 offerings seem to be a good alternative for annual or semi annual maintenance claying & polishing and I`m looking for some experience feedback before I pull the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin Autoscrub Sponge VS Opti-eraser VS. Clay Magic?

I have only used traditional clay bars and currently have two Nanoskin mitts, fine and medium. I had a Nanoskin Fine Grade sponge, but it was still kind of labor intensive (not as much as clay though). After a couple uses of the sponge, I got the Nanoskin mitts and haven`t looked back. I even sold the sponge as I never used it. So I will say if you`re on the edge between a sponge or mitt, spend the little bit extra for the mitt and really save yourself some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Nanoskin Autoscrub medium mitt all the time when washing my car. When it wears out I will probably switch to the fine version. Works extremely well, just keep them away from general-purpose cleaners or you`ll ruin the rubber side.
    Likes Wolfster liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend the Autoscrub to attach to a DA. Let the machines do the work!

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used the Sponges, so I can`t give you a comparison. But I like the fine sponge best (the blue one). The medium grade one (red) will sometimes scratch the paint if contamination is heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Riccardo Yellow Clay, Mothers Clay, Chemical Guys Medium Clay Alterative mitt, and Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine Towel.

- Personally, I like the Riccardo clay the most but it`s also the most time consuming.

- When I clay my own car I typically use the Nanoskin Fine Towel but prefer the feel of the wash mitt (figured I`d like the towel because I could fold it but I`m not a fan of the borders).

- When I clay other people`s cars I use the Chemical Guys Medium clay alternative mitt. It was cheap and it still works great (all around the most efficient because of the grade and media format).

The Chemical Guys mitt looks virtually identical to the Nanoskin Autoscrub towel (same textured look, same rubber feel). Thus, I assume Chemical Guys just bought them and rebranded them (like a bucket, foam canon, etc).

Post Thanks / Like

I personnel use the Nanoskin Autoscrub fine sponge. I got it to try it out as I had never used a clay substitute. I love it, as soon as it runs out, I`m going to get the towel or mitt version, just because it`s bigger and then I can "clay" quicker.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use the sponges on mirrors and bumpers. The 6 inch Nanoskin disc on my Rupes is my go-to for the rest of the car. I`ve used two different clay towels and they do a great job as well. I say find the one on sale and buy that one.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the mitt instead of the DA one, the mitt can be used to go through door handles and many other tight spots! No more clay bars for me!!

Thread Information