Post Thanks / Like

2015 BLACK Altima. Customer complaint or compliment???

Today I got a text from a customer who`s car my daughter and I did last week May 28th. It was here for some scuff removal, wash & wax and an interior cleaning.

Here is the scuff and where she had taken the S off the trunk of the car that we fixed

After some Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound on an orange pad then UP on a white pad

After using CarPro Tar-X and UP on a white pad

Then the whole car was re-washed so we could apply some Optimum Opti-seal as a drying aid (I LOVE THIS METHOD!!!!!!!!! IT IS SO EASY AND WORKS GREAT)

The "problem" she texted me about was that, even after a week and some downpours Wednesday her car is so clean that a bird keeps attacking itself in the side of her door.

Is this a "complaint" that anyone else gets when using Opti-seal?????? Sounds like good advertising for Optimum to me.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs, The Guz, bigltc, kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 BLACK Altima. Customer complaint or compliment???

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Today I got a text from a customer who`s car my daughter and I did last week May 28th. It was here for some scuff removal, wash & wax and an interior cleaning.

Here is the scuff and where she had taken the S off the trunk of the car that we fixed

After some Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound on an orange pad then UP on a white pad

After using CarPro Tar-X and UP on a white pad

Then the whole car was re-washed so we could apply some Optimum Opti-seal as a drying aid (I LOVE THIS METHOD!!!!!!!!! IT IS SO EASY AND WORKS GREAT)

The "problem" she texted me about was that, even after a week and some downpours Wednesday her car is so clean that a bird keeps attacking itself in the side of her door.

Is this a "complaint" that anyone else gets when using Opti-seal?????? Sounds like good advertising for Optimum to me.
    Tell her that natural selection will eliminate that bird eventually and enjoy the shine!

Brandt K.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful, clear, and glossy work, Don !!!
    And since they were not there for the "works", you were not even going all out on it - amazing job !

The Advertising that is coming from that work is more about you and your work than anything else..

That dang bird is going to hurt that paint eventually.. you may get to work on it again...
    Dan F
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny. Great job

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dan but I only touched up a couple spots, Those spots are in great shape as you can clearly see but where the bird is attacking sounds like Optimum`s "fault" lol. Either way I would take that "complaint" any day. Thought it was funny and I knew only the people here would understand that "problem" of too shiny of a car.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work! OT....Would you mind explaining your method of opti-seal as a drying aid? Interested indeed.
    Optimum Opti-Seal, Paint Protection spray sealant
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin` good Don!

Do be careful with those darned Nissans on scuff removal though.

This is why....
    I recently had (that place that kicked me off) match an outside seller on the HighLine II PTG, (for ONLY $149.95!!!!!)
    Well that of course lead me to check the paint all over my vehicles, most of which I`ve had since new.

You know the old wives tail of checking the jamb prior to doing any correction work, right? Well that might have held true in the single stage days, and still would I reckon on Toyota SS being as they still are kicking out red, white, and black SS units. But it sure doesn`t hold true on BC/CC. CarMomma`s Denali has 55 microns inside the door, and 157 microns outside. And it`s been polished a bunch. My Caddy, a 99, has a ton of paint everywhere. My son`s 98 4Runner has in the 80`s all over, inside and out and it`s extremely durable, and looks pretty good (when it`s not covered with MUD). Then my INFINITI, (Nissan) has IN THE SIXTY MICRON RANGE inside and out!!!! Hood is mid 60`s, behind the windshield, front of the sunroof is 60~66, sides are a bit better. It`s only had 1 decent correction, then a couple polishes. But the `worked` surfaces are really no thinner than the jambs, within 2~3 mic`s easy, if not the same. I`ve literally NEVER seen paint so thin on a vehicle. I`ve always had a problem with it chipping and swirling if you EVEN LOOK AT IT FUNNY.

So I could imagine, should I have to do a scuff repair, it`d end up in the mid-low 50`s in a hurry.
    Later,

Cardaddy aka/Tony
    DetailedReflection@charter.net

Post Thanks / Like

Your customer needs Smudge Stick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UajXVz5mJI

Crazy birds.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all!! lol

As far as opti-seal for a drying aid, I do it just like any other drying aid Ive used. One spritz per panel and wipe dry. Same with wheels one spritz and dry away
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    Likes PA DETAILER, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

are you using the new formula opti seal? haven`t tried it yet, but I really like the older version.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just received my new bottle of the Opti-seal but cant remember if I used it or the old one on her car. LOL done so many different things with each bottle I just cant keep track. FWIW I havent really noticed a big difference. I should do a side by side before the old one runs out.
    Don

1989 Formula 350

Thread Information