Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to purchase PC polisher and have some questions, please help.

I am getting ready to purchase a PC but I am not sure what the difference is between the PC 7424, and the PC 7336.

When I get the PC I am also looking at getting Edge 2000 pads for it, are these worth the money?

I have a few coats of Zaino on my truck and am wondering if the "wash it with Dawn dish detergent" will also work for it, or should I re-claybar the whole truck again?

Your thoughts and knowledge are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting ready to purchase PC polisher and have some questions, please help.

am getting ready to purchase a PC but I am not sure what the difference is between the PC 7424, and the PC 7336.
    The only diffrence I know of is the counter weight. Both machines will produce the same finish.
    When I get the PC I am also looking at getting Edge 2000 pads for it, are these worth the money?
    I have not tried the Edge 2000 pads, so maybe others will chime in on this question.
    I have a few coats of Zaino on my truck and am wondering if the "wash it with Dawn dish detergent" will also work for it, or should I re-claybar the whole truck again?
    I would not use Dawn. I would wash with a good soap for automobiles then clay. I haven`t used Zaino products before, but would think that after following those steps you would be ready for polish then your lsp.
    Maybe others will reply that have more knowledge.
    Danny J. Whitehead

Post Thanks / Like

Short answer- no difference other than the counter weight.
    Long answer- http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...8ef+1135946649
    You can pick the 7336 up at Lowes for $109 I believe.

It seems like the edge pads are a good pad system. You`ll have centered pads 100% of the time and good customer service. I don`t know the quality of the pads themselves but I`m sure they are great.

If you feel any grittyness on your paint then re-clay. I wouldn`t recomend using the dawn for a wash. If you are going to be using a chemical or abrasive polish (or clay) then this will remove your prior sealants.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

ditto..

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Short answer- no difference other than the counter weight.
    Long answer- http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...8ef+1135946649
    You can pick the 7336 up at Lowes for $109 I believe.

It seems like the edge pads are a good pad system. You`ll have centered pads 100% of the time and good customer service. I don`t know the quality of the pads themselves but I`m sure they are great.

If you feel any grittyness on your paint then re-clay. I wouldn`t recomend using the dawn for a wash. If you are going to be using a chemical or abrasive polish (or clay) then this will remove your prior sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto for 7336 vs 7474.
    By the way Lowes had it for $109 in store when I went there on Sunday 05/28 but now on the lowes.com its listed as $139.I am sure they were not running a special on the PC.
    Zaino recommends using Dawn Dishwashing (plain one wihtout the scent) to remove wax/sealant before using their claybar but if u r using an abrasive polish u dont need to use Dawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hemi
    It took me a lot of time to make the move and try Edge 2000 Pads. After all I have a lot of money invested in my hook and loop pads and backing plates. Well I made the switch and I`m not going back. Best pads and slickest system I`ve ever seen.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by florida90
    Zaino recommends using Dawn Dishwashing (plain one wihtout the scent) to remove wax/sealant before using their claybar but if u r using an abrasive polish u dont need to use Dawn.
    By the time you`ve clayed & polished, you will have removed the old wax, so the whole Dawn wash controversy is a moot point anyway.

Dawn & Simple Green.... boy, if those two were used together on the same detail, a portal straight from another dimension would open up and monsters would copme through and kill us all.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great feedback. Now I just have to make the order.

Thread Information