Post Thanks / Like

Pops-a-dent? Any good?

I didn`t know what Topic to post this thread in, so forgive me if it is off topic... My wife`s Civic was hit by something, I think a shopping cart, and it left two nickel sized dents in the door panel. The car is only a month old, and it is driving me crazy to see them in the door panel. I was wondering if anyone has used that gizmo the pops-a-dent and if it actually works?

Anyone`s experience with this gizmo would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pops-a-dent? Any good?

I tried somthing similar on my wifes car. Did nothing. A waste of money. Any time I have a dent or a ding. I call the dent doctor. $75 to $80, but he does a great job.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRig
    I didn`t know what Topic to post this thread in, so forgive me if it is off topic... My wife`s Civic was hit by something, I think a shopping cart, and it left two nickel sized dents in the door panel. The car is only a month old, and it is driving me crazy to see them in the door panel. I was wondering if anyone has used that gizmo the pops-a-dent and if it actually works?

Anyone`s experience with this gizmo would be much appreciated.
    I have no experience with this gizmo and that`s what it is, I have a hard time thinking that`s going to work or be effect on any dent...they show it working on TV OK, but the next commercial shows some wax that takes off scratches, and will last for a year....If I where you get one of those Paint-less dent removal guys to do the work...if you don`t know of one in your area...call the local dealership and ask who they use....I`ve had them do work on all my cars over the years and always been satisfied with the results...Just like a good detailer can remove swirls and light scratches...let a pro do the small dent removal
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

the owner of a local paint and body shop near me bought one of those and tested it out on his truck it did pop the dent out but it left 2 smaller dents from the outer sucktion cups.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the fast replies... I was pretty skeptical that this thing really worked as well, which is why I wanted to see if anyone has actually used the thing. I think I will save the money and just have it done professionally.

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

If the dents bother you that much then it will be money well spent to have a professional do it.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    If the dents bother you that much then it will be money well spent to have a professional do it.

That is what I am going to have done. I was skeptical about the pops-a-dent myself, but I thought I would at least see if other have had any success with it. If it was a good product I would rather spend $20 than $80 anyday; however, that is obviously not the case.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a kit for Christmas. I spent a hour working on one dent, and after that hour I still had that dent.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve seen nasty results from things like that, but you may do better.

Just remember that if the metal is stretched, when you pop it out, it will pop outwards (it`s still stretched).
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Almost 20 years ago I worked for Dominos Pizza. I had a dent in my 1987 Shadow. I pulled it out with the suction cup from a big triangle car top sign lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is probably a gimmick.

As a side note, Honda`s are VERY flexible and forgiving. IF you can get to the back side of these dents, you could probably take your thumb and push them out yourself. This is assuming that they are fully rounded like an oil can, with no crease at the concave portion of the dent.

I did this to a fender on an Accord by popping out the inner fender liner and reaching around and pushing really really hard. Dent/roll came right out.

Good luck.

Thread Information