Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics of the Edge Pads

Here are some pics from AG of the Edge Pads.
    This is a SWEEEEET Package .If you had any doubts about the Edge Pads this should help .

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ted=1#post5695

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pics of the Edge Pads

Looks like that adapter is about to poke through the hole. Sometimes I put a lot of pressure on the PC for defect removal. Would that adapter grind into my paint?!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Looks like that adapter is about to poke through the hole. Sometimes I put a lot of pressure on the PC for defect removal. Would that adapter grind into my paint?!
    Edge says that it won`t, but I don`t know. That`s why I still have a hook and loop BP... I`ll probably have to try it out before I spend the $$ on this system.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

ok, lets do a survey?
    How many people who use the Edge2000 system have drove the adapter though the pad into the paint? In fact more people have actually hit the car with the backing plate, or the velcro has failed causing the pad to fly off and then hitting the hook and loop against the car. We have made the Edge200 system safer than any pad system on the market.

While we wait for real world responses please look at the attached file which illustrates how that senerio is impossible. The system would not last very long on the market if customers who wanted to polish their cars ended up grinding them down to the metal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    ok, lets do a survey?
    How many people who use the Edge2000 system have drove the adapter though the pad into the paint? In fact more people have actually hit the car with the backing plate, or the velcro has failed causing the pad to fly off and then hitting the hook and loop against the car. We have made the Edge200 system safer than any pad system on the market.

While we wait for real world responses please look at the attached file which illustrates how that senerio is impossible. The system would not last very long on the market if customers who wanted to polish their cars ended up grinding them down to the metal.
    That seems to answer the debate as to the adapter.

Real world, yes a pad has removed itself from velcro plate on my Makita long ago. It was back to the paint booth for that fender! I did not view the velcro plate prior to attaching pad as I normally do to inspect the velcro for worn loops which happens due to heat from polishing and all the chemicals.

Always always always inspect your backing plate to see if it is starting to become worn before putting on the pad. For DA users, it`s not that much of a concern. All it takes is one!

I wonder how much effect the adapter has on bearings on the PC polisher? A good rotary is always overbuilt for heavy loads. I`m sure this topic regarding the effect the adapter has on PC`s was covered once before if I`m right.

Now, all you need is some more softer finish pads and wax/glaze pads. The softer the better!

Thanks for the pic to clarify the adapters location in relation to the finish!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Thanks for the pic to clarify the adapters location in relation to the finish!

Deanski
    Yup thanks for the picture, helps ease my mind .
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

i use the edge2k and the adapter have never protruded thru the pad and damaged my customer paint( i can see what others are saying but it wont happen plus i think some people dont like change so they have negative mindset..please dont take it personal plus i meant this not to anyone here..just take it for what its worth)....i seen more problems with backing plate and other brand pads...dont get me wrong i still use hoop and loop but my go to pad r edge2k pads and if i ever need to replace it will be with edge...

Where`s patrick?
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of being cute, a more appropriate response from a manufacturer is to be expected.

I feel I raise in interesting point based on the provided picture given that I have never used your system.

Furthermore, I believe you suffered from poorer performance and pad security in your old adapter design some time ago to the extent that you offered a free exchange as well as upgrading your pad adhesive. Apparantly your system isn`t the safest on the market as it was flawed enough that you had to re-introduce your lineup to the community.

Hence my legitimate question / concern.
    Seth

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Edge 2K system, no way in hell will the adapter hit the paint.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to by pushing all my weight on the PC to make the adapter touch the paint. I DID THIS ON MY TRUCK........I was SURE nothing would happen. IT IS ALL GOOD. No scratches, no dings, no nothing. The Edge system is safe....I tested it and WANTED TO MAKE IT SCRATCH something. I did not suceed.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Boy your being rough on him.. he answered your question.. pretty much that`s it.. you rally can``t compress the foam that much that you would ever make the adapter hit. yes I got those old batchs of pad but he fixed them at no cost as he would for any... this is a great system as you can switch between sizes and machines.with out a problem..

let`s play nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Instead of being cute, a more appropriate response from a manufacturer is to be expected.

I feel I raise in interesting point based on the provided picture given that I have never used your system.

Furthermore, I believe you suffered from poorer performance and pad security in your old adapter design some time ago to the extent that you offered a free exchange as well as upgrading your pad adhesive. Apparantly your system isn`t the safest on the market as it was flawed enough that you had to re-introduce your lineup to the community.

Hence my legitimate question / concern.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not often that I do not agree with you Spilchy but this time I think that you are a little off base. Your concerns are well intentioned. Of that I am sure.

It would seem to me that your question was answered. Maybe not to your liking.... but answered non the less. I read nothing untowards you or your question. All I read was an answer.

Just for the record I do not own the Edge system but have viewed pads of the Edge company that TexasTB has. They appear to be of good quality.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Spilchy could get an answer more to his liking if he had worded his post slightly differently.

What kind of answer would I get from a car dealer if I presented the car salesman with the following comment/question?

"Looks like that car is going to kill me. Sometimes I drive really fast. Would the breaks fail in the event that I am approaching a brick wall and need to stop? "

What tone of answer am I going to get in return? Manufacturer or not, people react in certain ways and there are ways to ask a question or present a concern with tact.

Now if we are going to nitpick, perhaps I can offer some advice and a way to ask a question that would more than likely get an answer that even Spilchy would approve of. How about something like this"

"I have never used The Edge 2000 pads before and I am curious about the hole in the center and what stops the adapter from coming all the way through. What information could you provide that would explain how the system is constructed for folks like me that have the same concern about the possibility of the adapter coming in contact with the painted surface?"

What do you say Spilchy? How does that work for you?

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My birthday is coming up next month (yes I`ll be 30 and yes it`s pathetic that I still expect and get excited by birthday presents) and I just got the inevitable question: "so what do you want for your birthday?" I DEFINITELY dropped the hint that I want the pad kit pictured in the thread on Autogeek.

Now if only I could get Aaron convinced that he needs to make 4" pads . . .

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick
    Boy your being rough on him.. he answered your question.. pretty much that`s it.. you rally can``t compress the foam that much that you would ever make the adapter hit. yes I got those old batchs of pad but he fixed them at no cost as he would for any... this is a great system as you can switch between sizes and machines.with out a problem..
    This is a lot more than some other pad companies would do (not mentioning names). I had a backing plate fall apart on me and damage my car. The manufacturer basically said "too bad" to me. This is part of the reason why I want to switch to Edge pads. The many, many threads on DC have convinced me that Aaron stands behind his products 100%.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m game to give this a go, I think. A little shy about it, but only because a looong time ago I put a 3M pad on without a backing plate (never used 3M before). Worked fine until the wool flattened down and scratched the paint. It was a friends car, so I repainted the panel (an old Ford, she didn`t mind).

Confessions aside, that foam does not compress too easily. With a rotary, I would eat through the paint pressing it down like that, forget gouging.
    Brenton Dickieson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information