Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bumper paint repair, strange results (pic)

Thanks a lot, Dave! Unfortunately, the weather is terrible today: hot, humid, intermittent sunshine. Rare for the Pacific NW. So I`ll just do some sanding today and maybe start filling some scratches once the sun is safely behind the trees.

That airbrush set looks sweet. If this is something I end up doing more often, I will consider getting some better tools. For now, I am using the Paintscratch kit and 50 bucks` worth of sandpaper, pads, rags, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, wet sanding...it`s pretty clear I won`t get the paint lines out with it, but I love how smooth the finish gets.

Post Thanks / Like

make shore that you sanding with hard block on the edges that you created sand them carefully with 600 grit do not go far with that you will see the under scratches and you want to keep it small right so when you will flat your edges with 600 go and proceed with 800 grit on top of all the area that you want to paint and that go withh 1000 and gray scuffy pad around the blending area (its for the clear coating) then wipe it with some prepsol agent with two rags with one you wiping on wet and with second wiping dry do not let it dry than go and apply your basecoat if you have air brush then cover the spot repair area and try to bland out the edges carefully do not cover the all matt area that you made for good results you mast to cover the base coat with cleat totally your blanding area have to be covered only with clear if you will have some paint dust with your bland you will not be able to get rid from the clear coat edges
    Hope it will help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information