Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Help with Polish

Hi. I want to polish my car. It is a 2012 harbor gray elantra in good shape. I have a HF DA, BF tp&s, and crystal seal. I plan on buying the Buff & Shine 5 inch backing plate and pads. Can you reccommend a polish and what color pads to use first since I`ve read tp&s has little cut and Hyundias have hard paint. I`ve also read people rave about HD Polish over Meguiars` M205 because of the oils left behind. Please help as I plan to buy and polish as soon as possible. I am addicted! It drives me nuts if my car is dirty and not shining. I hope polish will make it shine more. TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with Polish

Its kind of hard to give you exact specifics without seeing the paint but I think you would be in the ball park if you purchased the following products:

1. Buff and Shine Orange Pads ( at least 3) - These are the med cutting pads

2. Buff and Shine Green Pads ( at least 3) - These are the light polishing pads

3. HD Adapt Polish - This is a great one step polish that has very good cut but also finishes extremely well.

If the paint is only slightly swirled and marred, You could start with the green pads and the Adapt and check your results. If this doesn`t give you enough correction the go to the orange pads. If you use the orange pads you may need to follow up with the green pads and the Adapt to remove any light hazing that may be left behind.
    Likes basicT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you bswomgaugh Yes, my paint is only slghtly marred. I learned here to use the 2 bucket system, leaf blower, and rinseless wash. Hopefully I`ll only need the green pads. Can I also use the green pads for the tp&s after the Adapt Polish since I already have it. Hopefully it will make a good base for Crystal Seal. And can I use the Adapt to polish my wheel and the barrels before waxing them with the collinite 845 I have. TIA

Post Thanks / Like

I am not so sure that you will even need to use the tp&s after the Adapt. The Adapt does not have any fillers and it in itself should provide a good base for the Crystal Seal. I have not personally used the Crystal Seal so maybe some of the others on the forum can chime in. As far as polishing your wheels - If they are clear coated, you can treat them just like the paint on your car using the same products that you would use for polishing your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can`t help you with Polish, I only speak English.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Sorry I can`t help you with Polish, I only speak English.
    But ya speak it well
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basicT View Post
    ..can I use the Adapt to polish my wheel and the barrels before waxing them with the collinite 845 I have. TIA
    You could use most anything for the barrels as IMO it`s not all that critical to get a flawless finish there.

But I`d sure want to use something a lot more durable than 845 on them if you`re gonna bother doing that. (Yeah, I`ve used the various Collinites for this and am speaking from experience )
    Likes basicT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both! Since I have tp&s, WD Conditioning Shampoo, WD Polymer Spray, and Crystal Seal I might as well use them all together as a set instead of wasting them. So what color pad would you reccommed for the tp&s after the Adapt. I have the time and I think I will enjoy doing it. TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both! Since I have tp&s, WD Conditioning Shampoo, WD Polymer Spray, and Crystal Seal I might as well use them all together as a set instead of wasting them. So what color pad would you reccommed for the tp&s after the Adapt. I have the time and I think I will enjoy doing it. TIA
    myself, I normally use a black LC pad to do the TPnS
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes bswombaugh, basicT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    myself, I normally use a black LC pad to do the TPnS
    I agree. After polishing with the Adapt, the Black Buff and Shine or the Black LC Pad should work great for applying the Blackfire TP&S.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your helpI will order the parts today. Weather permitting I will start when they arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

Great ! Let us know how it goes and maybe even post some pictures of your results. Just be prepared - This stuff is addictive!
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your helpI will order the parts today. Weather permitting I will start when they arrive.
    where in fl are you

lots of people here from fl

Post Thanks / Like

Bay County. I am learning what you all mean about it being adictive. I hate for my car to be dirty. My wife says "You`re washing the car AGAIN". To me it`s relaxing And you notice people`s cars that are shiny BUT have swirls, dirty wheel barrels,etc. OH WELL I will just enjoy myself when I can. LOL
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for your help!!! My car turned out great. I did it a few panels at a time when it wasn`t raining and I had shade in the afternoon. The car has a glow to it even without any LSP ! And the reflections are so clear! Sorry I don`t have any pictures but I am Thrilled
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information