Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Orange Peel removal on 09 JeeP SRT8

4u2nvimtl- Looks good, glad you`re happy with how it turned out. And yeah, IMO most *every* LSP oughta go on that thin, just thick enough for complete, uniform coverage (which is a lot less than most people think).
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update: I spent 11 hours repolishing the entire Jeep SRT8 to get a show car / jeweled finish using CarPro Reflect, with tangerine Hydro Tech pads on my PC (love the stuff, way more than M205). I also took Accumulator`s advice and switched my LSP to FK1000p, as the BFWD + BFMS combo wasn`t the right LSP for me (thanks, Accumulator!).

FK1000p is great stuff, water flys off, bugs don`t stick, and bird poo floats off with a QD/WW wipe. I`ve also been getting A LOT more compliments and even a body shop owner stopped to complimented on the "shiny paint" - he said "even my best guys would be hard-pressed to get a shine like that". It also turns way more heads with FK1000p on it ;P

Just did my first wash since my application of FK1000p 1.5 weeks ago, and I used my new foam lance for the first time (love it!). The paint looked clean just after using the foam lance and rinsing, but decided to two bucket washed and applied a second layer of FK1000p (everywhere; trim, windows, paint, bumpers, lights, exhaust, and the rear step). I honestly find this stuff works like magic and I`m surprised more people don`t use/rant about FK1000p.

Pictures to come, my SLR camera is berried somewhere in one of the many piles of boxes - cell phone pictures just don`t do it justice. We (wife, kids, and I) just moved into a new home so things are still in a state of disarray, but at least I finally have a driveway of my own to detail in!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mebbe that will take off .2 secs of time
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    How much was in the doorjambs? That to me usually is critical. Either way though, does seem like a very safe amount of paint on the car still left
    How sure are you that the door jambs have the same thickness of primer and base coat?

Are the same robots applying the primer, BC and CC in the same exact pattern?

I am familiar with the thought process of taking the panel thickness, subtracting the door jamb reading and saying that the difference is CC....I just do not believe it is an accurate measure

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I`ve already given 4u2nvinmtl an earful about cc thickness...guess I`ll spare him another rant about his latest round of polishing

allenk4- I agree about the etg readings in out-of-the-way places not necessarily being representative of the rest of the vehicle. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren`t.

4u2nvinmtl- Oh man, I`m *SO* glad you`re liking the FK1000P. Maybe I should say I`m so *relieved*...you`re one *VERY* discerning guy (I mean...who does OP removal on their SUV to begin with?!?) and you know what you like/don`t. I sure did a hard-sell on the FK and had you not liked it I would`ve felt bad about pushing it so hard.

I`d get one more coat on it whenever it`s convenient, and a final one before winter. While maybe not necessary, it`ll help keep that "self cleaning" effect going strong.

Yes indeed, it`s one easy to live with LSP and non-Autopians just go nuts about how it looks. I too wonder why more people here aren`t crazy about it (at least on light colors).
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    How sure are you that the door jambs have the same thickness of primer and base coat?

Are the same robots applying the primer, BC and CC in the same exact pattern?

I am familiar with the thought process of taking the panel thickness, subtracting the door jamb reading and saying that the difference is CC....I just do not believe it is an accurate measure
    I`m more practical than this. If I still see clear-coat I`m happy, and let`s just say I`m happy.

I mainly did the paint thickness test for the fellow Autopian`s, and to reconfirm my impressions about the paint`s thickness (the clear was so thick it had runs I could feel with my nails)

- Clearly the robots had been drinking too much!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information