Post Thanks / Like

So here is the plan

My `14 Bright White GCV is approaching its second oil change (just over 10k) so I figure I will take the time after to do a solid once-over. I have not polished it yet, I regularly used KAIO + 845 until my ankle reconstruction from whence I have fallen off the detailing wagon (we also bought a house, had a baby, and adopted two puppies, in addition to me being in school full time ) .

Under LED inspection, I had to really search for any swirl marks. The defects left by road debris were not so hard to spot unfortunately <_<.

So my plan is to (wash with foam gun+Snow soap [LOVE IT] and decon with ONR [@ higher-than-clay-lube dilution bc the when the nanosponge marrs it REALLY marrs] and fine-grade nanosponge, then) hit the entire paint surface with D302 (the Finishing Wax) on the corresponding 5" MF finishing pads topped with 845 on a 6.5" blue CCS pad (i hate to use these but my number of pads is low atm so this pad will be assigned exclusively to 845). I have a huge bottle of Menzerna Final Finish, but I am inexperienced with correction abilities and pad combinations. The hardest part about creating test spots is that there are so few defects I will not know for certain which will be effective .

My other project is my DD- a Desert Mist Metallic `03 Accord with 48k miles. I started learning how to detail on this car, but it fell to the wayside after we got the van and the rest that followed. There are swirls galore, some severe RIDS and more than a handful of scuffs, so I am thinking D300 with the MF cutting pads and getting in my practice with the FF on a crimson HT?

Does anyone know how the FF will finish down with a tangerine pad?
    Also, any ideas on how many hours this will take? I am not planning on doing it until after finals so I could break it up into days.

After a proper IPA wipe-down I am hoping the weather holds out to KAIO+KSG everything (I am waiting for FlybyForte to do the glass). The garage is almost unpacked so worst case scenario I squeeze in there.

I will bookmark this thread so I can update with pics and follow up with pics of the work!

And if anyone has input, PLEASE send it. I have been a sponge throughout this learning process and want to keep it going.
    Slate Metallic 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8L CVT

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So here is the plan

Sounds like your paint is in pretty good shape. I would polish with Meguiars 205 using an orange pad. Then apply the Collinite with a black or white pad

Make sure you paint is squeaky clean before polishing
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Thread Information