WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

Washing my 6inch Edge buffing pads question?

Hi all,

Just this last weekend I detailed my car with my newly purchased The Edge Pads, 6inch. I used a Porter Cable with my pads to polish my car and it came out great.

Now my question is that how do you guys wash your Buffing pads? What soap to you guys use on your pads? I also purchased the Foam conditioning brush which is pretty pricey and Im going to use this brush to brush off the left over Poorboys SSR2.5 left on the pad.

Thanks for the inputs. Hey what happened to Fourstar in Autogeek? They dont sell fourstar stuff anymore?

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Washing my 6inch Edge buffing pads question?

Which Edge pads?
    If they are articulate-waffle, don`t use the nylon brush at high speed on it.

Lots of people machine wash their pads on warm-delicate with some Zero or a drop of All Purpose Cleaner. I haven`t had the courage, but I`m getting close.

I wash using dish soap, massaging it into the front of the pad, rinsing by hand, and spin drying. I use a brush to lightly remove dust while working.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

soak them in a bucket of your choice of soap and leave them for a few hours then work them with your toy or just use your hands as I do . Let them soak overnight even then work them out,after that through them in the wash machine on gentle and let them air dry for few days and put away.... done,very easy

Post Thanks / Like

While we don`t recommend machine washing or drying, if you wash them in a machine with cold water it probably wont hurt them. However do not machine dry them the heat in some gas dryers is enough to activate the hot melt glue. I normally just save the electricity and take the 3 minutes to dip them in the same soap solution I washed the car with. Scrub them by hand, rinse them under a hose or sink and squeeze dry. Then I run on the machine for about 30 secs and they are as good as new. All these instructions are on the bag which the pad comes in and on our website at www.edgepads.com under information and then "Click here for illustrated Care Instructions."

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I get a bucket with warm to hot water with dish soap. Let pads soak for a few minutes and then lightly scrub them. Run under faucet to get remaining soap out, squeeze out the water, and set them on my porch for about 30 minutes to an hour to finish drying.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

WaffleWeed
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one TexasTB,

I was gonna use the same method though with cold water. I just thought that I have to get a special soap because I thought using dish soap would hurt the pads.

I have the brush that edge pads sell and im gonna use that to scrub off the gunk. I will let it dry in my bedroom near the window afterwards.

Thanks for the inputs everyone. The edge pads system works great.

TSX2004

Thread Information