Post Thanks / Like

Latest purchases....

Earlier this week, I purchased a PC 7424...I can`t wait to try it!!
    Has anyone used the white foam pad that comes with it? What would I typically use this for? Is it any good?

And today, I made some purchases on eShine.ca (I`m Canadian after all)...
    I`ve never used the PC before on my car, and being that I (and my SVT Focus) suffer thru winters here, the paint isn`t in the best condition...
    First let me discribe the finish...it`s `Sonic Blue`, which is basically Ford`s rendition of the bluest blue you`ve ever seen. It`s really quite impressive...
    Currently, it has excellent reflectivity and a decent shine. But under direct sunlight, the swirls show up quite clearly...
    I take care of my paint as best I can, so the swirls aren`t the worst I`ve seen...but it`s not the best finish I`ve seen either...

So here is what I`ll be using...
    Poorboys SSR2, with a LC orange pad
    Poorboys SSR1, with a LC white pad
    Mothers glaze, either by hand or with LC white or black pad?
    1 or 2 coats of Meguires Gold Class (or maybe NTX?) with a LC black pad, or by hand
    2 coats of Mothers Pure Carnuba wax, applied by hand 2 days later
    Let me know what you think...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Latest purchases....

Quote Originally Posted by WuNgUn
    Earlier this week, I purchased a PC 7424...I can`t wait to try it!!
    Has anyone used the white foam pad that comes with it? What would I typically use this for? Is it any good?

And today, I made some purchases on eShine.ca (I`m Canadian after all)...
    I`ve never used the PC before on my car, and being that I (and my SVT Focus) suffer thru winters here, the paint isn`t in the best condition...
    First let me discribe the finish...it`s `Sonic Blue`, which is basically Ford`s rendition of the bluest blue you`ve ever seen. It`s really quite impressive...
    Currently, it has excellent reflectivity and a decent shine. But under direct sunlight, the swirls show up quite clearly...
    I take care of my paint as best I can, so the swirls aren`t the worst I`ve seen...but it`s not the best finish I`ve seen either...

So here is what I`ll be using...
    Poorboys SSR2, with a LC orange pad
    Poorboys SSR1, with a LC white pad
    Mothers glaze, either by hand or with LC white or black pad?
    1 or 2 coats of Meguires Gold Class (or maybe NTX?) with a LC black pad, or by hand
    2 coats of Mothers Pure Carnuba wax, applied by hand 2 days later
    Let me know what you think...
    Is the LC orange pad a cutting pad or polishing?

The megs or the mother would be enough to me but you can layer if you want
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

The orange pad is a cutting pad...
    I like the longer lasting protection of the Gold Class (as well as the wet look)...the carnuba is for a little depth and extra protection

Unless somebody has a better recipe for dark colours?

Post Thanks / Like

Unless somebody has a better recipe for dark colours?
    I have a black F-150, and I`ve had pretty good success with PB`s PP with a light cutting pad, then again with a polishing pad, then a couple coats of S-100. I don`t necessarily think it`s better than what you`re doing, but it works pretty well for me.

As far as the white pad that comes with the PC, I use it on the chrome skid rails on the truck with a little Mother`s, and it makes `em sparkle.

2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

Where from in Canada? I`m in Halifax...my thoughts...<<owns black car....
    If you don`t have an actual sealant and don`t want to order online I would pick up one locally. You can find Crystal Glo paint treatment at Home Hardware (they ordered it in for me at no additional cost...they are a supplier); it is similiar to Klasse AIO (acrylic). Crystal Glo x 2,then I would start layering your wax. If you don`t want a sealant and you still want durability I would go with Collinite insulator wax for durability x 2 (find it at Janitors Market), then your favorite carnauba...however layering IW is often enough for depth and gloss. I like Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss; also available from Canadian Tire. The QD is also a decent product.

As said many times before, your process is what makes the detail. I would apply your base sealant by hand as to get into all the nooks and crannies;then you could layer with the PC if you wish (finishing pad) around speed 2-2.5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    Where from in Canada? I`m in Halifax...my thoughts...<<owns black car....
    If you don`t have an actual sealant and don`t want to order online I would pick up one locally. You can find Crystal Glo paint treatment at Home Hardware (they ordered it in for me at no additional cost...they are a supplier); it is similiar to Klasse AIO (acrylic). Crystal Glo x 2,then I would start layering your wax. If you don`t want a sealant and you still want durability I would go with Collinite insulator wax for durability x 2 (find it at Janitors Market), then your favorite carnauba...however layering IW is often enough for depth and gloss. I like Turtle Wax Platinum Ultra Gloss; also available from Canadian Tire. The QD is also a decent product.

As said many times before, your process is what makes the detail. I would apply your base sealant by hand as to get into all the nooks and crannies;then you could layer with the PC if you wish (finishing pad) around speed 2-2.5.
    `Black Sunshine`? You a Zombie fan by chance?
    I live in Woodstock Ontario...about to move to Wingham this weekend...
    Isn`t Gold Class considered a sealant? Maybe I`ll try NXT as a sealer...
    Thanks for the PC advice too...

Post Thanks / Like

`Black Sunshine`? You a Zombie fan by chance?
    I am...and no problem...personally i don`t think of gold class as a sealant....NXT would be a better choice. By the way you can lookup Crystal-glo at www.crystal-glo.com. But I`m sure you may be able to get a good pure sealant in your area such as Klasse SG. Good luck and have fun. Thats the important part.Post some pics.....

Also, eshine.com are in Ontario....you can get Klasse, Poor Boys, NXT, etc. They have a few good products although I`m not sure how far they are from you.

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized I got burned bigtime for my PC purchase at Canadian Tire
    It was $210 there...
    eShine.ca has it for $169 shipped!!!! Sonofa!
    Oh well....
    About a sealant...would it be a waste of product to use, say Gold Class on top of a sealant (Klasse or NXT or EX-P)?

And I`m still up in tyhe air about sealants...anyone try Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?
    That Crystal Glo sounds awesome though...maybe I should try it? I was looking at some of the pic`s on their website, and the finishes look amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember that the people who are selling a product are going to make it sound like the best there is. Crystal-glo is a good sealant, but not the best. The site says its layerable but it also has cleaners in it.....so i`m not sure at what point you are wasting your time. Don`t get me wrong, it is similiar to Klasse AIO from what I`ve read. I`ve never actually used Klasse, but I`m thinking on purchasing some this summer to try. Do a search and then you can decide. I`ve layered Crystal-glo x 3-5; however, I`ve also topped that with Collinite IW to get the depth that some sealants do not offer. When you`re searching look for Collinite IW, Klasse, FK1 2180, Wolfgang. That said, don`t get yourself too frustrated because there are lots of options that provide very good results.....the key is the process. Once you`re hooked you`ll want to try everything anyways

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after much searching I managed to find some Crystal-Glo...at Home Hardware...which they have to order...
    I figured for the price, it`s certainly worth a try. It should be here Tuesday. Hopefully my SSR and pads will be in soon too so I can do my first machine detail!!!

Thread Information