Post Thanks / Like

Edge 2000 system reveiw

The Edge 2000 system

Where should I begin, I bought a rotary and began detailing with a flex pad and LC 7 ½ pads and 3-m waffle pads. While this worked well I wanted a PC to fill in spots that the rotary with the huge pads just didn’t work. I bought a PC and at that time PAC was having a great sale on the edge system. I bought the pads and the adapter from Pac and was slightly disappointed in the pads (this was do to glue issues) but my complaints where answered quickly and a day later new pads were on my doorstep with an added bonus for my troubles, the rotary adapter. While learning from Sean I noted he used the 6 inch pads on his rotary so I gave it a try. Man was I impressed, there was little skip and it was much easier to control. Over time there has been complaints about the PC adapter I have been using mine but have not had a problem with it. Now Aarron comes out with this deal to upgrade and when I talk to him I was saying how I liked the waffle pads and when I got my new adapter for the PC I got another bonus a brand new prototype waffle pad. But more about that later. Anyway I have every type of foam edge sell now even the orange euro foam which works very well. And 3 of the edge wool pads (I need to get more)... anyways on to the pictures...

8 Inch wool pads

6 inch wool pads

6 inch foam pads (euro foam)

Stacked

Old versus new PC adapters

On the PC

Rotary adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edge 2000 system reveiw

NEW PROTOTYPE PAD

Look 12 pads…

All in all I have to say going from a Velcro system(I broke one backing plate in the first day I used it because I dropped my rotary)to the edge system is a blessing.. Where else can you go from the 8 inch pad to the 6 inch pad with out changing a thing except the pad? The double sided pads are great because I’m finding I use more polishing pads so I will start mixing in a cutting pad with polishing pads so that is one less I have to carry around with me. Also the new pc adapter works great and it has much less vibration a big bonus.

Any questions I me happy to answer... and if you live near me... you can always barrow some pads...

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures Patrick! Those new pads look interesting. What benefit does the waffle texture provide? Also, how aggressive is the orange pad?

Post Thanks / Like

the waffle give the pad more surface area and what i really like about it the vally holds the product so there is little sling. The orange pad takes on the properies of the polish think OPT polish of the pad world.. I havn`t done much with it but i`ll have a lot more cars to do soon..

Thread Information