Post Thanks / Like

Used PC for first time tonight....

I just used a PC for the first time and I dont know if I like it. It didnt seem to do as good of a job as the rotary, but I dont know if thats the PC or the compounds I used. I used Meguiars #80 and #83, and I dont think they were abrasive enough to do much. I think I am going to stick with the rotary for buffing and then polish out with the PC, is this a common practice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used PC for first time tonight....

Yes. That is what I am finding myself using it for. But my shop does a mess of turds(25-40 per week) that need the cutting power of a rotary. Heavy oxidation, scratches and water spots. We do true reconditioning. I got a PC for Christmas, and have tried to get it into the rotation, but it seems that we are mainly using it for light polishing and waxing. But if you have the time, like a lot of folks here, I can see it being a nice machine to have. But not for a reconditioning shops main weapon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman411
    Yes. That is what I am finding myself using it for. But my shop does a mess of turds(25-40 per week) that need the cutting power of a rotary. Heavy oxidation, scratches and water spots. We do true reconditioning. I got a PC for Christmas, and have tried to get it into the rotation, but it seems that we are mainly using it for light polishing and waxing. But if you have the time, like a lot of folks here, I can see it being a nice machine to have. But not for a reconditioning shops main weapon.
    Yeah, well I am in the process of getting a mobile detailing business going, so I dont think the PC will get used as much as I originally thought it might.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, like I said, if you are going to be doing relatively well maintained cars that need a little light polish then a wax, PC may be just fine. But I think I will always be a rotary man.

I make yo ride bling!! :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i`ve been pondering a PC for lil while now. i learned polishing/buffing with a cheap model rotary and have since bought a makita 9227 and it was a whole other world of quality than what i learned on. i`ve basically trained myself with the makita and i love the machine now. that being said, i work at a local dealer and the trade ins/auction cars we get require a fair mount of care to them...at the same time...we get new cars in all the time. i`ve been pondering a PC and/or a Cyclo. any input on which might be best suited in this case, either one, or maybe both, or maybe neither of em??

Thread Information