Thread: 10 INCH ORbital

Post Thanks / Like

10 INCH ORbital

Okay here we go I no I am giong to here it, but time to start a new thread since it`s raining and I am not doing anything today. When I stated detaling I allways used a 10 inch orbital to take off ploish,wax. I found myself when pressed for time when doing big SUV etc. using it "I onlly use it with micros,and so far have`nt had a problem with it. I know everybodys using micros,but time is money. So let me have it I"ll be watching for your comments. PS.BE gentel :fear:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 10 INCH ORbital

:dontgetit :dontgetit
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had any luck taking off products with an ROB and MF bonnet. It seems to clog to quickly for me. MF towels by hand are the process that I chose to use. I have a lot of them. Each one does multiple areas because I can fold them into quarters. Something that cannot be done with a bonnet on a ROB. Yet, if you are having good luck with a ROB who am I to say to stop.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Every product I use usually requires a simple swipe of a MF towel to get it off. There is no rubbing or any work involved. It think it actually takes less time than it would with a machine.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gator1
    Okay here we go I no I am giong to here it, but time to start a new thread since it`s raining and I am not doing anything today. When I stated detaling I allways used a 10 inch orbital to take off ploish,wax. I found myself when pressed for time when doing big SUV etc. using it "I onlly use it with micros,and so far have`nt had a problem with it. I know everybodys using micros,but time is money. So let me have it I"ll be watching for your comments. PS.BE gentel :fear:
    To be honest, I have very little idea what you are talking about. I can handle some carelessness, but this is entirely unclear.
    Brenton Dickieson

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

The following is some of a post I made quite some time ago.
    It still reflects my feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Several years back, I purchased a Wen 10" orbital buffer. It had an amperage rating of over 3 amps, but I don`t remember the exact rating. The only reason I mention it is to point out it was not really lacking in power. I used it some for the first 2 - 3 months I owned it and after that it stayed in the box, unused, for several years. This summer, I tried it again. Back in the box and then given to a friend. It was more hassle than it was worth. Changing the bonnets was a PIA.

Since then I have purchased a PC 7336 and there is no comparison. With the velcro backing plate, changing pads is a 5 second job. The machine is much easier to work with and probably does a much better job. I can`t say for sure since the WEN never really got much use.
    But....If the unit you have does what you want, then by all means, use it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

i never use my pc or any kind of buffer to take off wax or polish.....i feel it is much easier and takes less time to take it off by hand with a micro.....its not that times consuming at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gator1
    There`s nothing wrong with doing it that way!! That`s why MF Bonnets were invented IMO. :chinese:

Thread Information