Post Thanks / Like

Talking finally purchased the porter cable 7424

Well i finally bought the pc 7424 from http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpol-kit.html.
    So far this was the best deal i could find, with the discount and everything total came out to be 160dollars. The kit includes a 6" backing plate, and has sfx 1, 2 and 3 foam pads, a da buffing bonnett and a free bottle of sfx 2 polish.

Is there anything else im gonna need to buy other than this before i start buffing out the swirls?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: finally purchased the porter cable 7424

Looking good so far. Thats basically all you need to get for the PC and pads. You may want to get some more pads later on, but for now that should do. I don`t have any experiences with that swirl remover but you may want to look into Poorboys SSR2.5, that`ll bust the swirls. Of couse (if you have read up) quality MF`s are going to be needed to prevent any swirling aswell. A good wash and clay job, ssr2.5 the free swirl remover, and your LSP should be a good combo. Good luck.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Re: finally purchased the porter cable 7424

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Looking good so far. Thats basically all you need to get for the PC and pads. You may want to get some more pads later on, but for now that should do. I don`t have any experiences with that swirl remover but you may want to look into Poorboys SSR2.5, that`ll bust the swirls. Of couse (if you have read up) quality MF`s are going to be needed to prevent any swirling aswell. A good wash and clay job, ssr2.5 the free swirl remover, and your LSP should be a good combo. Good luck.
    THe mf towles im gonna be using are megs mf towles, so far if found them to be of good quality. I had a crappy rotary that only had 2 settings , HIGH AND LOW. :chair: ..it was only 25 dollars tho
    Low was 2800rpm and HIGH was 3300rpm and even with that id buff out cars. But it was real hard cuz i couldnt be on the button the whole time, i had to press and release so that the rpms woudlnt get too fast.
    But hopefully that all will change once i get my pc.
    Thanks

Thread Information