Post Thanks / Like

PC 7336 stock pad...

I finally found a use for the foam pad that comes with the PC 7336. Today I used it to polish my diamond plate aluminum toolbox. I used Mother`s aluminum polish on a rag to rub in the polish and then went over the whole toolbox with the foam pad and PC. It worked great but I still had to go over the toolbox with a rag to clean the haze off the polish left behind. The results WERE NOT great, but the toolbox has been left uncared for over the past year. It was time consuming taking off my backing plate to put on the stock foam pad but whatever..I needed something to do.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC 7336 stock pad...

You should have b/a pics.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

this thread is pointless becasue we do not detial tool boxes we detail paint surfaces. Obviously you are going to get haze. I would like to know how the White PAD works on the car sureface not on a toolbox.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset
    this thread is pointless becasue we do not detial tool boxes we detail paint surfaces. Obviously you are going to get haze. I would like to know how the White PAD works on the car sureface not on a toolbox.

I consider my toolbox that is on the back of my truck something that should be detailed since it wouldn`t look good to have a shiny truck and then a toolbox that is dull and faded. That would be like cleaning your whole car/truck and then leaving chrome rims unpolished. I dont hear a lot of people using the stock PC pad for anything so I thought I would share that there can be a use for the pad instead of it being thrown away or set to the side, which I`m sure is what most people do with it because its not as easy to use compared to a velcro pad which can be easily taken on and off depending what you`re doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with RUBigDog05. The toolbox is part of the truck. Why wouldn`t you detail it?

I`m glad to hear someone found a purpose for the pad that comes with the PC.

I detail my rims (they`re chrome) and they aren`t a "painted surface" but are attached to the vehicle, like the toolbox.
    I know, it`s only rock and roll, but I like it...........:badabum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twhited
    I agree with RUBigDog05. The toolbox is part of the truck. Why wouldn`t you detail it?

I`m glad to hear someone found a purpose for the pad that comes with the PC.

I detail my rims (they`re chrome) and they are a "painted surface" but are attached to the vehicle, like the toolbox.
    Thank you for agreeing. I`m not trying to start anything here, but I don`t think anyone`s posts should be considered "Pointless." So MIAMI SUNSET, if you`re going to put down others posts, I think you need to find somewhere else to post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_Sunset

You must have missed those thread of people detailing kitchen appliances , coffee tables and what ever else they thought needed a shinin . You see the need to detail doesn`t just stop with paint . :biggrin: It gets bad when you find yourself jonesin to try something you just bought at midnight.

Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bigdog, every now and then I`ll do the trucks at work, because the guys like driving a good looking truck, and they have aluminum fuel tanks, and that was the one part that made the truck look rough.
    I guess I`ll have to give it a try the next time

Oh and rollman don`t forget shower walls

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RUBigDog05
    I consider my toolbox that is on the back of my truck something that should be detailed since it wouldn`t look good to have a shiny truck and then a toolbox that is dull and faded. That would be like cleaning your whole car/truck and then leaving chrome rims unpolished. I dont hear a lot of people using the stock PC pad for anything so I thought I would share that there can be a use for the pad instead of it being thrown away or set to the side, which I`m sure is what most people do with it because its not as easy to use compared to a velcro pad which can be easily taken on and off depending what you`re doing.
    You go Dawg!!!!! :gun_banda

Post Thanks / Like

Polishing aluminum on any vehicle, I think, is a big deal. Something that may work real good for you is the new mothers liquid aluminum polish with the Mothers Power Ball. Basically you can use it on any surface to polish it up. That will make the surface nice, but I guess you could follow up with the pad aswell for a little easier removal, or throwing the stock pad on and then have a terry towel below it to remove it would work aswell.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Thread Information