Post Thanks / Like

edge black pad for rotary

i purchased a black pad recently for faster cutting when removing deep scratches and leveling paint . it cuts very nicely but it must be used with caution !!!i purchased some poorboys ssr3 and tried them together and this does the job quickly but i follow up with green pad and P&s ultracoat polish to remove swirls and restore gloss. then follow up with the pc and liquid carnuba . another option i like is using this pad with the polish to remove spider webbing without creating swirl marks then follow up with wax. another combo is use the edge yellow pad with the ssr3 for moderate scratches and i like the way the ssr3 breaks down to a perfect finish ready for polish or wax . some people are scared of the heavy compounds and aggressive pads but with some practice they are time savers and they produce exellent results . im a pc owner and its a great tool but it cant touch a rotary when it comes to paint correction and the gloss it produces.. i recently purchased a makita rotary and it is the best peice of equipment ive purchased so far . that chicago rotary i was bragging about is garbage compared to a high quality buffer .. i have used the rotary on every car since i got the makita and it just keeps getting better . anyway hope this is useful to someone who is spending too much time with the wrong pad product combo trying to remove scratches or other defects .. one last thing .. the meguiars buffing video really helped me alot. i pop it in and watch the guy use the rotary and every time i pick up another little trick ..buy the video!!!!!!!!!!!!
    back in buisness baby

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: edge black pad for rotary

It doesn`t feel like it when you first start with the black pad, but it will cause damage. I left the Makita behind and went DeWalt, and am thrilled about it.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Re: edge black pad for rotary

I have a mid-range no name rotary and it is the best tool out there I had to do a truck that nothing i had could touch. Even with the black wool pad from E2K. I finnally used Propolish from poorboys with it and it worked great.. Although it was a Hairy experiance(the wool pad was new and it was sheding) it was very nice to clean up a truck that was that bad.

Thread Information