Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

edge2k 6" pad review

I recieved these pads to try out from aaron of edge pads.

Packaging: Thoroughly package. I mean how can a foam pad be damaged? They each came in a plastic bag. I cannot remember if each had a label of what cut there were.

Instructions:

They were labeled on the bags. Easy to understand

Pricing and over all value:

You have to look at these pads as double sided. Your getting 2 for the price of 1 so I think its not to expensive. The adapters for pc and rotary are extra but its just like buying a backing plate. So its a little more expensive that other pads but for what you get its not to much.

Over all opinion and results:

I have used these on a few different vehicles. I used the orange pad ( i assume light cut) on a car and it did its job. Acted just like any other pad i have used. What i liked is that if my polish got gunked up or I wanted a new pad I could just flip it over easily. I have used the blue pad for spreading glazes and sealants as well. Spreads evenly and doesnt suck up to much of the product. Again it can be flipped to do another product on the other side if desired. So my conclusion on performance is they work. They seem to be like any other pad for perfromance but like i siad its handy to be able to flip the pads.

What I dont care for is the removal of these pads. You push the little bottom on the adapter. Easy enough right? Well when i have been polishign for a little while it gets hot. If you push quick enough its ok but its just one thing i didnt particulatrily care for. I am pretty sure these pads color scale is similiar with other pads to.

It would also be nice to see a variable contour style pad from edge. I really like using my lake country 7.5" VC pads. I dont think I woudl like a flat 8" pad.

The adapters for this system are pretty easy to put on and off. Just insert the wrench to hold the female end of the machine and insert the adapter. I foudn that i had to put a pad on the end in order to remove the adapter becuase I couldnt hold onto the adapter and remove with the wrech.

End Thoughts:

The edge pads are slick and I will continue to use them in tight areas that my 7.5" pads cannot jive. If somenoe is wanting to buy these pads you wont be dissapointed. Being a lake country pad user for almost a year I think i would jsut have to stick with the lake countries for the majority of the time due to liking the 7.5" vc feel.

Lastly I would like to thank Aaron for the pads and for staying in contact with me. Aaron is a guy that will always answer your emails and work until are satisfied. Thanks!

Questions/Comments?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: edge2k 6" pad review

Nice review , you didn`t find the Edge orange pad to be like LC orange pad ? I got one from Aaron as well but haven`t tried it out yet.
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

I need a new job
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: edge2k 6" pad review

The edge pads were the first pads that I ordered, haven`t ordered another brand yet! Had a few questions and Aaron was more than happy to help. I`m a satisfied customer. :biggrin:
    2003 Mazda 6i Steel Gray Metallic

Thread Information