Thread: kinda confused

Post Thanks / Like

kinda confused

what is the difference between pc and rotary ? I am looking into purchasing a buffer to continue detailing car but i am wondering which buffer would best fit my needs. i am looking for a buffer that can be used to remove swirl marks rather then make them apply waxes and polishes,
    The 3 machines i was looking at was the porter cable, the dewalt and the makita. Price isnt a concern just looking for the best machine to remove swirl marks and polish and wax cars. Thanks for the help guys..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: kinda confused

If you`re not used to the action of a machine you should get the Porter Cable. Rotaries, while very effective, are dangerous in the hands of an unpracticed user. The rotary generates a lot more heat and if used incorrectly it can burn through the paint surface. A PC should fix most problems and be more easily used. If you want a midway machine you could get a cyclo, I`ve never used one but I heard they are near the effectiveness of a rotary but not nearly as dangerous.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Pro Detailer where I live that swears by the Cyclo. He showed me a technique of applying and removing products at the same time. The car was spectacular and the time was cut down substantially.

Makes me want to look into one! Actually it was my first choice but my budget dictated a Porter Cable. I don`t regret my choice but I still wonder...????!!!!

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A rotary is a dangerous machine in unskilled hands. A pc is almost idiot proof.

Go ahead and get yourself the pc. You`ll be happy with the results you get with it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you do go with a rotary try and get a feel for it on a beater that you don`t care about. As TrueDetailer said it`s not difficult to mess something up with one - on the other hand a PC might not be as powerful, but you would literally have to throw it at the car to damage your paint. I only have a PC and don`t have issues getting out serious flaws, but it does take time.

Thread Information