Thread: polisher

www.turbomustangs.com 88MustangGt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

polisher

hey guys,

i forgot i had an account here. i just finished an engine swap in my garage, the car runs like a bat outta hell (my little vette killer ) , but could look better. now i picked up one of these rotery sanders and used it for some body work on another car but realized i could use it for polishing too. now i know these things can be dangerous for polishing so i figured i would ask. the clear coat doesn`t really have swirl marks and is very clean (i clayed it already and did some of that meguires 3 step stuff with NXT wax) it just has some minor scratches in some spots. are there any tricks to these things cause i really don`t wanna fugg up my paint. also what products are good for a machine? also what pads should i buy for it? i have a velcro backing plate that i used for sanding, are there any velcro backed pads?

bassically i wanna know, what pads, what products, and what steps i should do to give me a nice shine

this is the polisher i bought (7 inch), its not a makita, its a knock off but its the same specs

http://www.makita.com/tools_Item_View.asp?id=694
    88 Mustang Gt.....306, tricflow top end kit, all the bolt ons, 3.73`s. now its turbo time

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: polisher

WEll i just bought a rotary so i cant give operation tips but as far as accessories I would get a flexible backig plate for you machine instead of the stock one. For pads you cant go wrong with lake countries 7.5" variable countour pads. I would get a finishing pads, a couple or more polishing pads, and a light cut pad althought if your car is in good condition you wont need the light cut really. I have heard that optimum is great with rotary as well as menzerna.

Greg

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Rotary = Great tool in the hands of someone with the skill to use it.
    :eek Rotary = Big trouble if you don`t know what you are doing.
    It might be a good idea to practice on a beater or scrap panel before you use it on your "Vette killer".

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

If this is your first time using a rotary, don`t use it on the vette, however the rotary can be used very effectively by someone with even the least amount of common sense and experience. It`s not the fire breathing dragon everyone makes it out to be. If you are new to detailing all together, the first machine I would purchase would be the PC7424 or PC7336. This machine will produce outstanding results on all paint finishes w/o the possibility of damaging the paint.

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Thread Information