Post Thanks / Like

what pc pads to get

i just bought a porter cable 7336sp at lowes for 109 and was wondering could i use 6.5" pads with the 6" counterweight it comes with and a 5" backing plate? what pads would you suggest i get (i want a light cutting pad, polishing pad and finishing pad) and i dont what the edge quick connect pads, i dont really want to spend that much just for pads
    98 red ram 1500 rc sb 5.2/318. flowmast 50 series american thunder. detailed with meguiars, adams and poorboys (mostly megs, for now..)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what pc pads to get

go with the regular edge pads ,, i have the quick connect system and i like the pads. i reccomend edge pads and they back up their stuff 100%. or try another brand .. im sure other members will give some alternatives to egde ... good luck
    back in buisness baby

Elite Mobile Concepts killerfox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what pc pads to get

I got the 7.5 inch Hi-Gloss D/A pad kit at www.properautocare.com. It is $69 dollars w/velcro backing plate. It is a great set to get you started with. They even include a booklet with basic how-to for the PC w/Hi-gloss pads. There customer service IMHO is outstanding as well. I washed one pad and the velcro backing started to seperate from the pad, I made a phone call to them on a sunday, left a voice mail message about what happened and the next day I got an email that a new pad was in the mail to replace it, no questions ask. I`ve had great results with these pads and poorboysworld products.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: what pc pads to get

Something to remember about pads & the PC . Bigger pads will make the machine run slower not to mention put extra stress on the bearings. I think there`s a reason Porter Cable gives you a 6" pad with the machine , because its designed for it . Just something to think about .
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Thread Information