Obviously there’s a bias in this sub forum to optimum products. (I use and love ONR)

and finally after years and thousands of dollars (always trying different products and chemicals) I thought I’d arrived at the “best for me” “system”.

that “system” is the traditional decon, iron remove, clay, polish, sealant, wax topper. Not looking for perfect paint, just a reasonably “gently used” finish, shiny paint, clear glass, shiny tires. Rupes machines, polish and pads. Jescar sealant, collinite. It works, I’m happy EXCEPT…….

im getting older. My love and dedicating to detailing is waning. And while I still appreciate a nice looking car my time is my most valuable commodity. Once it’s gone, it’s gone and I can’t get it back.

of course I lied that I found the perfect system and still keep “up to date” lol. Detailers curse right?

anyhow I have been watching a lot of Ivan on you tube (his detailer academy stuff). He really focuses on time management. Although he no longer pushes any products specifically (with the exception of the pad washer)he was heavily invested with optimum.

optimum seems to be what I’m truly after. Synergistic products and less time? Is this true or marketing hype? (They don’t really market their stuff.

‘’I though about switching to a coating but don’t want the added “maintenance” of a coating.

‘’the gloss coat looks good. I also like the optimum process (onr wash, iron x and clay towel all in one step) as well as the spray polish concept. It all seems way more thought out and efficient.

so is it all optimum says it is? If so why aren’t we all doing it? Why are guys like me still kickin it old school?

I like Ivan’s “pick a polish you like and use it”. Philips is kinda the same. The best product is the one you use. Pick something and master it.

I’ve mastered my process it’s just that it’s just too much investment of my time.

it’s not only combining steps, but opti seal is spray and walk away as opposed to jescar. Apply , wait a half hour then buff. There’s some time saved. Collinite is great but again apply, wait, buff off. Optimum spray wax is way easier.

have you switched exclusively to optimum? Why? Why not?

or did you “jet koon do” the system and take what’s useful and discard other? Why? Why not?