463 days ago (or 1 year, 3 months, 6 days) I applied Optimum Gloss-Coat to my 2000 Mercury Sable LS 24V DOHC. You can read the original review here: Review: Optimum Gloss Coat Paint Coating

Originally, I planned on running a pure Gloss-Coat long term durability review to see how it would hold up in the long run. But the detailing itch was too strong to ignore and I did end up applying a few waxes or sealants on top of the Gloss-Coat. After a couple weeks, I would always strip off the "topper" LSP to make sure Optimum Gloss-Coat was still there; and it always was.

Since then, I`ve posted several updates.

Dec 22 2014 - Morning Dew.

Jan 12 2015 - after CarPro Reset Wash.

Feb 23 2015 - Pinnacle Black Label Synergy.

May 26 2015 - Polish Angel Product Testing.

Aug 5 2015 - Optimum Gloss-Coat beading shot after stripping (trunk lid).

Sadly enough, I won`t be making any more long-term durability updates in the future (grabs a Kleenex) as I was involved in an accident Saturday night. I hydroplaned southbound on I-95 and the car swerved to the left and I hit the concrete barrier head-on by the Jupiter exit. The car continued to spin and I ended up sliding backwards against the barrier. No other cars were involved and I had no other passengers in the vehicle. According to the NHTSA, this car has a 5-star front crash safety rating and I couldn`t agree more as I was able to walk away with only a few bruises from the safety belt.

(Re-enactment)

Luckily, I was able to document the final beading shots of Optimum Gloss-Coat before the car was towed away. (I wonder what the firemen were thinking)

So my long term testing of Optimum Gloss-Coat comes to an official close at the 1 year, 3 months, 6 days mark. Overall I couldn`t be any happier with this coating and highly recommend it.

Long Term Rayview Results: 5 Stars

Thanks for reading!