Post Thanks / Like

Are there any OPT reps in here?

It seems on the OPT FB page it was suggested that Opti Seal s/could be used as a drying agent and one detailer was recommending mixing 50/50 with ONR. I suggested this wasn`t recommended by OPT as dilution and/or mixing with a lubricant like ONR reduces the products ability to properly adhere to the surface and cure. It might `look` fine, but surface protection likely won`t last as long.
    Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there any OPT reps in here?

I think people using it as a drying aid aren`t expecting it to last as long as if they were using it as an LSP--I mean, people use drying aids as...er...drying aids, not LSP`s, right? The LSP part of it is just a bonus.

As far as the LSP being "diluted" by ONR, that kind of upsets the premise for ONRWW, doesn`t it? (yes, I know that ONRWW has more of an OCW ingredient than an Opti-Seal one)

As far as this not being an Optimum recommendation, I think it was Yvan who was suggesting this, wasn`t it? That`s kind of only one step removed from being an Optimum recommendation. Besides, it`s not like your paint is going to fall off if you do this, it`s not "bad", at the worst it would be a waste of product.

Post Thanks / Like

The OP was asking if Opti Seal was applied like other sealants. One detailer suggested applying it after a wash as a drying agent while another suggested mixing it 50/50 with ONR. It just seems to me that if you`re just looking for a temporary shine you might better just use ONRWW or a spray wax....not a sealant product. One even suggested that if you dry the vehicle first it`s an extra step?!?! ... I`m now thinking that detailers are like doctors....some are great and some are quacks!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, I think there`s a difference between bad advice, and difference of opinions on what is wasteful, etc. You can`t hurt anything by using Opti-Seal as a drying aid, so it`s not bad advice, it just might not be something that you or I would do.

Post Thanks / Like

After using fusion I put a thin coat of Optis-Seal on and it really made it pop
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Seal is so easy and quick to use I don`t see the point in cutting corners and risking the durability by diluting it when the paint is wet after a wash or even with ONR. I get it`s trying to save time but IMO it`s better done right.

Just My $.02
    Likes Stokdgs, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

All the above are "correct" ways of using Opti-Seal. Opti-Seal has many uses in detailing and due to Optimum`s synergy can be combined with other Optimum products with success. Will mixing it with ONR, or using it as a drying aid shorten it`s life expectancy in terms of protection, yes it will, that said it will speed up the wash process and give a superior result that you will want to use it every time you wash.

Opti-Seal also makes a great glass cleaner, put it on dry glass with the included sponge(sparingly, but everywhere, and dry it off with a MF towel before it flashes completely.

You can also use Opti-Seal as an interior dressing that leaves a nice sheen without being greasy, and it`s anti static.

Of course as a sealant that you apply to freshly polished paint Opti-Seal excels, and in this manner you will get the longest durability.

As a drying aid with ONR, wash with ONR, and sparingly spritz Opti-Seal on the panel, then starting where you sprayed, dry the panel.

Another use is as a protective layer over Opti-Coat Pro or Gloss-Coat as they are curing. 1 Hour after the coating is applied, apply Opti-Seal to the coating, this will allow you to release it to the customer in safety regardless of the weather conditions as the Opti-Seal will protect the coating in it`s critical first week.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to have you here Yvan!
    Likes Yvan Lacroix liked this post
    Thanks Yvan Lacroix thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yvan Lacroix View Post
    All the above are "correct" ways of using Opti-Seal. Opti-Seal has many uses in detailing and due to Optimum`s synergy can be combined with other Optimum products with success. Will mixing it with ONR, or using it as a drying aid shorten it`s life expectancy in terms of protection, yes it will, that said it will speed up the wash process and give a superior result that you will want to use it every time you wash.

Opti-Seal also makes a great glass cleaner, put it on dry glass with the included sponge(sparingly, but everywhere, and dry it off with a MF towel before it flashes completely.

You can also use Opti-Seal as an interior dressing that leaves a nice sheen without being greasy, and it`s anti static.

Of course as a sealant that you apply to freshly polished paint Opti-Seal excels, and in this manner you will get the longest durability.

As a drying aid with ONR, wash with ONR, and sparingly spritz Opti-Seal on the panel, then starting where you sprayed, dry the panel.

Another use is as a protective layer over Opti-Coat Pro or Gloss-Coat as they are curing. 1 Hour after the coating is applied, apply Opti-Seal to the coating, this will allow you to release it to the customer in safety regardless of the weather conditions as the Opti-Seal will protect the coating in it`s critical first week.

Cool. Thanks for the info
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Yvan Lacroix liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome, and glad to be here. I will check in more often should there be any questions.

Thread Information