Anyone have a link to this applicator?
    Optimum Two-Piece Applicator

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gloss Coat

messed up reply :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wait....Jsmooth = Jenny?...but Ray, who can I turn to? For help on my Tutone car?
    Tommy?

Post Thanks / Like

Well yesterday I was finally able to apply Opt Gloss Coat. Backstory was that I previously applied the 22ple coating after a marathon polishing session (car looked good but not as good as my prior zaino layering) and not leaving well enough alone and the fact that I like to do something to my car each weekend, I applied the vs1 final coat and disaster occurred when the whole hood smeared. I didn`t notice until I started to remove it and smearing was all over. Not sure why this happened as the product is designed for the 22ple. Oh well.

After trying everything to clear it up I threw in the towel and use menz sf4000, 6.5 inch black pad LC hybrid and my flex. Took no time to remove the smearing and then 4 wipe downs of eraser and blackfire coating prep spray. I was very worried about menz oils left over but after 4 wipedowns I was confident the paint was good. Also from this I am looking for new - NON OILY - polishes, are the opt hyper good as well as hd and if so any recommendations/comments appreciated.

I then opened the box with the gloss coat syringe and couldn`t figure out how to twist open the top and wound up breaking it off and lost 5cc of product. After that disaster, I then applied it with a LC coating applicator and applied it way too thick. It didn`t really flash and after 2 minutes I start to buff it off after I panicked I would have a hood with all high spots.

Luckily, I was confident enough product stayed on since I used 5cc on just the hood - another bone head move. Finally after one wipe down I saw the flashing (and then realized that this product is super easy to work with and applied "liberally" ANYONE can make it work) and removed any remaining high spots after a few minutes. Thx goodness no smearing occurred and I let it sit for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes all I can say the Grail is finally found as the shine was EXTRAORDINARY and I couldn`t believe my eyes. I finally achieved a zaino look (shiny and shimmering) with one coat of this amazing product. So far I have used 22ple and blackfire and out of these Gloss Coat is so superior I am tempted to redo my whole car. I of course want some longevity but if I get one year I will be ecstatic. Kudos to Mr Dekany who was spot on saying this product is as good as it gets as I am sold. Once nice pic included but it doesn`t do justice to the actual look. In conclusion if you are looking for a super easy product that has incredible shine this is it. I would suggest everyone try it and comment as I am sold.

Thx for reading/looking.

Likes GearHead_1, Zelfiris, 512detail liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

It`s pretty, made me smile.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Use pliers to turn the black top off, and GC gets better with time! Wonderful to use.
    Thanks mbpress01 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 5cc remaining and I plan to coat my wheels with it (I have a fresh, full tube just in case).

But this 5cc has been sitting since May 2, 2015 when I coated the car. It`s been over a year, I`ve had a cap on it. Ok to apply the old sealant? It still looks like it flows well, hasnt jelled or anything

Post Thanks / Like

Should be fine. Might as well use it on the wheels as you stated.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Mr_P2R liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I went ahead and coated them with the old Glosscoat. 5cc was enough to coat them (face/drum) 2x on all four 19x8.5 in wheels. They actually look shinier, a little darker as well.

Likes The Guz liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information