Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pleased to announce both a new advertiser and a new brand to the Autopia.org community: High Definition Car Care (HDCC).

Last month I was approached by the owners of HDCC to lead the team that will develop this new brand. After trying the products and meeting the developers, design team, and the financial backers, my decision was easy. This is a brand that will show the industry how it can do more with less.

If you have an interest in eco-friendly car care without limitations, then follow this new brand as it comes to life. The HDCC line will have a total of 7 liquids:

HD TOTAL

Degreaser & Soil Remover

HD TOTAL Degreaser & Soil Remover is a safe, environmentally friendly, all-surface automotive cleaner. It is compatible with all modern automotive surfaces, including paint, tires, wheels, engines, plastic, glass, rubber, vinyl, carpet, fabric, and all coated leather surfaces. HD TOTAL is 100% biodegradable, cleans most surfaces without rinsing, while restoring a natural sheen. Simply spray on and wipe off. Plus, HD TOTAL contains no artificial colors or fragrances that pollute, irritate the skin, or cause respiratory distress. HD TOTAL is so safe and effective that it replaces a whole shelf full of other cleaners. HD TOTAL is the single automotive cleaner that does it all.

HD FREE

Water[Less] Wash System

HD FREE Water[Less] Wash is a complete vehicle wash system for regular light cleaning of all vehicle surfaces, including paint, glass, chrome, wheels, dashboards, consoles, door panels, and non-fabric upholstery surfaces. HD FREE is VOC compliant, 100% biodegradable, and the only waterless vehicle cleaning system that has been tested and verified by the Bureau Veritas international standards and testing organization. HD FREE is the safe, environmentally friendly, EPA legal way to clean all vehicles, including cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, and private aircraft.

HD UNO DA

Total Auto Polish

HD UNO DA Total Auto Polish is a revolution in automotive finish care. No other polish can achieve the amazing results of HD UNO on paint, clear plastic, and glass. HD UNO is a single liquid system that does it all. Almost like magic, HD UNO polishes all high gloss automotive surfaces to a perfect finish, every time. On all clearcoat paint finishes, HD UNO removes fine scratches, swirl marks and oxidation with ease, restoring full gloss and a perfectly clear paint finish. On clear plastic, such as headlight and tail light lenses, HD UNO removes fine scratches, oxidation and yellowing. On exterior glass, HD UNO removes water spots and heavy film buildup, restoring full clarity. HD UNO is so versatile that it can replace a shelf full of other automotive polishes and still achieve better results. HD UNO can be applied by dual-action polisher or by hand for flawless results. No other polish works as well.

HD POXY

Multi-surface Automotive Sealant

HD POXY is a modern automotive surface sealant designed to seal and protect all hard exterior surfaces, including paint, glass, plastic, wheels and polished metal. Even textured plastic trim can be sealed and beautified with HD POXY. As HD POXY coats your paint with months of protection it also darkens and beautifies for the ultimate wet-look shine. With HD POXY, blacks and dark blues have the appearance of a shimmering pool of water, reds and rich yellows come alive with more passion and fire, and metallic silver and white take on the depth and richness of darker colors. When properly protected by HD POXY, your car is easier to clean and is no longer susceptible to permanent damage from acid raid, water spotting, insect remains, bird droppings and the sun’s UV rays.

HD PROTECT

Leather, Vinyl & Plastic Dressing

HD PROTECT is a premium interior protectant and dressing for all leather, vinyl, plastic and interior trim surfaces. With HD PROTECT, there`s no need to have a separate dressing for leather, vinyl, and plastic. HD Protect does it all! HD PROTECT offers premium protection and a rich luster on all modern car interior surfaces (except fabric and carpet). Use it to protect and dress your leather seats, dashboard, console, door panels and door seals. With regular use, HD Protect prevents slow fade damage caused by exposure to the sun. Plus, HD PROTECT’s rubber and vinyl conditioners keep surfaces supple and prevent cracking and premature aging. With HD PROTECT you will feel, see and smell the difference from the very first use. All leather and vinyl surfaces feel softer and more luxurious, without feeling slippery or greasy. Plastics and other trim pieces take on more color and richness without attracting dust or dirt. When dry, HD PROTECT leaves behind the fine aroma of quality leather.

HD GEL

High-Gloss Tire & Trim Treatment

For the ultimate in dark, high-gloss tires and exterior trim, treat them with HD GEL. The rich, thick, super gel formula make tires stand out for the ultimate High Definition look you crave. For even more gloss, add a second or third coat. The exclusive HD GEL formula never slings off your tires or makes a mess. Simply wipe HD GEL on your clean, dry tires, allow the gel to penetrate for 5 to 10 minutes, then buff to a high gloss shine.

HD METAL

Description coming soon.

You can watch the HDCC website as the content is loaded and it begins to take shape at hdcarcare.com.

Stay tuned, as I will soon be announcing your opportunity to win FREE samples. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds very promising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    Sounds very promising.

Thanks! That`s why I accepted the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds really great. when does their product become available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanrossbell
    Sounds really great. when does their product become available?

july 20 2009
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know their web site is still under construction, but...`

On some product pages, the product size is given in some flavor of metric measurement, while other pages show good `ole ounces. It needs to be standardized. For a lot of us old folk, it`s easier to picture sizes referenced in ounces.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I know their web site is still under construction, but...`

On some product pages, the product size is given in some flavor of metric measurement, while other pages show good `ole ounces. It needs to be standardized. For a lot of us old folk, it`s easier to picture sizes referenced in ounces.

Thanks, I was working on this and got spun off the task. It will all be metric for world-wide distribution. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m like a kid on Christmas Eve here... July 20 can`t come soon enough!

My impressions so far (and I hope I`m right)...

HDCC has taken a look at the most exciting car care products on the market right now (think ONR, M205) and made their own versions. Now if these products equal or exceed their competitors, and can do so with COMPETITIVE PRICES things could get interesting really fast.

A "Happy July 20" sample kit containing all their products would sell like crazy, I`d bet. Put me down for two.

IMO, the very most important thing HDCC needs to consider is COMPETITIVE PRICING. Just thought I`d throw that out there... twice.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    IMO, the very most important thing HDCC needs to consider is COMPETITIVE PRICING. Just thought I`d throw that out there... twice.

I agree. However, price of the bottle of product is not a good measuring stick. You really have to look at the price per application. This is most important.

Applied properly, the HD POXY Sealant-Wax costs about $1.33 per application. It is being packaged in a size that will allow a family with 2-3 cars to use it in two years time (wax cars 4 times a year). With this packaging there will be less waste due to spoilage from the product getting old on the shelf. This is exactly what happens to most car wax/polish products that go into the average home. Where does all of that old product go? It goes to land fills, where it pollutes MY earth!

All HD products are bottled in modest sizes. All of the protectants and polishes are very concentrated, so less product is needed and less product is wasted.

For too long Americans have had the motto "If a little is good, a lot must be better." You know... Super Size Me! So, everywhere you go you see product sizes much bigger than they should be. Why, because when you have more you use and waste more. The cycle needs to stop.

The HD motto is "Use Less. Do More."

Post Thanks / Like
    Will their be an option to buy this in bulk sizes though?

One thing that keeps me from buying sonus and ultima products is the lack of larger sizes.

Obviously there is a higher profit margin on smaller sizes. I just think that there may be other people in the same boat as me.

I don`t want to spend $15 on 16oz of a waterless wash when I could get a gallon of ONR for $35. (Those #s were just made up to make a point.)

Though this line may be more for the weekend warrior you would attract a larger market if you offered bulk sizes.

Oh and I also know you can buy ultima and sonus in bulk but I don`t need 10 bottles cluttering up my space. Even when you buy those products at the bulk rate its still quite a bit more than the competitors and I think that may be based on the price of packaging. I just want a gallon container.

Thanks, looking foward to trying this stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    Will their be an option to buy this in bulk sizes though?

Yes. The cleaners will be available in refill sizes. The polishes and protectants will be available in the larger professional packaging.

They are looking at the possibility of using a Liqui-Box system in the future for refills to further reduce eco-impact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be interesting, hope you guys do well with this David.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m always up for trying new products. Any competition with the leading manufacturers can only be a good thing and will produce better products across the board. Can`t wait till the 20th.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw their UNO system on the their website, but wondered how it was. There is a 3D store about 10 miles from me and didn`t see the UNO line last time I was in there, then again, this was like early `09. The only 3D product I use is their thick dressing. It`s good enough, cheap and smells goooood.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, did you have your meeting with the family?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information