Post Thanks / Like
    I have contacted a couple very reputable detailers in the region, both have been extremely helpful and I`ve been very happy with the information I have gained. Problem is, the detailer who is closest to me, does not use OptiCoat, and the other detailer is about 4 hours away. I would very much like to give my service to him, but I am concerned about the logistics and that I may cause more trouble by trying to coordinate my taking delivery of the car, meeting up with someone in another state, transportation, hotels, etc. Maybe it`s not as big a deal as I am thinking, but I don`t want to be one of "those guys" that makes everything more difficult than it has to be. I really have my heart set on having my new car coated when I drive it off the lot, I don`t want to wait days or weeks if I can avoid it. But, I will if I can`t find anyone else I am satisfied with using.

My question is, are there any reputable detailers in the Seattle area that use OptiCoat?

Thanks,

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Adam, we can definitely take care of that for you. We have several nano coatings, and OptiCoat available.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I strongly suggest going to John Kleven. He`s got an extreme case of OCD and will make sure your car is perfect before coating it. He`s actually one of, if not the only, person who uses this product: Home - Matrix Micro Coatings
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Adam, we can definitely take care of that for you. We have several nano coatings, and OptiCoat available.

John

I was sure I read that you did not do OptiCoat. That`s why I was reaching farther out.

I suppose I`ll take my foot out of my mouth and be glad to give you my service. I`ll send you a PM.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I strongly suggest going to John Kleven. He`s got an extreme case of OCD and will make sure your car is perfect before coating it. He`s actually one of, if not the only, person who uses this product: Home - Matrix Micro Coatings

Thanks David. I actually had been talking to John, he is one of the "reputable detailers" I mentioned in my first post. He answered a bunch of questions for me and has already helped with some other projects of mine and given some great advice. I felt really bad because I wanted to use him but didn`t think he used OC. Problem solved.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be in good hands with John. He`s a true leader in the Coating`s market. Please post some pics after you get it done!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, what can I say. John took excellent care of me. Everything from the loaner car, to taking the time to answer my endless questions, to being able to meet my last minute schedule (since the car came in early). All I can say is good things about him and his operation. I`ve already recommended him around.

Here`s some "action" pictures:

(I can`t seem to post pics in here, so please click.)

Clay Bar

OptiCoat Application

After 1

After 2

After 3

After 4

After 5

When I got home, I did put my own wax on the door jambs, hatch jamb, under hood, and inside wheels. Of course John would have done this, but my main objective was the coating that I didn`t want to do myself. I love to do my own upkeep and maintenance.

As far as the coating goes, we have had some of the heaviest rain I can remember over the past few days, since application. Also note, no full car shots, because of weather. We have had rain every day since. After driving in rain for days, I pull it into my well lit garage every night and it still looks amazingly clean. I can`t speak for longevity of course, but I can say I have never seen a wax do that before. The water shoots off of it like it`s being blown by air, when the car is sitting still. It`s almost hard to explain the difference, though I know you guys who have used it know what I am talking about. I`m impressed, to say the least.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Adam. Beautiful in that color.

Thread Information